Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Musings And Trip Preparations


I will be away from bloggyland for a short while this week. We're taking another motorcycle vacation (getting monotonous, isn't it?! Ahhh, being retired is so nice. tee hee). But we can't actually leave until we hear from our good friends that we will be meeting at our destination. So, we're scurrying about like little squirrels, putting this here, putting that there.

Once the phone call comes in, it's pack and leave time.

I'm glad we're still here today, though, because we did get to see our Pastor again. The sermon was the biblical meat, as always. That's one of the many things I like about Byron, he treats listeners like grown ups with the lessons. I appreciate that. He's looking quite well after the heart attack, by the way, if that's the proper terminology. A little fatigued maybe. I do know how that is being a bit of an overachiever myself. Gotta keep moving 'cause I'd rather die while I'm living, than live while I'm dead.

Speaking of that ...

Our neighbor called this afternoon to let us know her husband had passed away today. I know we've lost a good friend and neighbor in Dr. Richard Camberg. Everybody affectionately called him "Doc" for short. He was quite elderly (mid-80's, I think) and had been languishing in a Nursing Home up in Baxley for almost a year now. He had Parkinson's disease. Doc professed to being an atheist which I hope is not true. Many have tried talking to him about salvation but I don't know if he was ever persuaded. But I don't know his heart, only God does. Here's a link to his memorial at findagrave.

I'll always remember how kind he was to us when we first moved here. We were so broke, having just built the house. He let us borrow his Gravely mower for a long time until we could afford our first riding mower. Doc really helped us get settled in. He was always very kind hearted to people and had an amazing sense of humor. He'll certainly be missed.

Oh, and good news ... our 5 year niece, Amberlee, is much improved! The MRI tests came back negative. There's no cancer or tumor or anything abnormal. Guess what caused the symptoms?? She has severe allergies! Her mom has now gotten rid of all the heavily perfumed laundry detergent and anything heavily scented. Little Cuddle Bug (my nickname for her) is almost complete healed!! Yay! Thanks y'all for your prayers and concerns. God answers prayer. :o)

Anyway ...

Gotta go do some more work in preparation for the trip.

I hope y'all have a super week! God bless.

9 comments:

  1. Yeah for you two - I hope you have a wonderful trip and perfect weather! It's nice to be able to take some trips together and enjoy the sights.
    I am so thankful about Snuggle Bug and glad you got to see/hear your pastor. It sounds like you lost a good neighbor today. The kindness of neighbors is never forgotten.

    Have lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful that SnuggleBug isn't sick anymore! *Just* allergies. (I know for anyone suffering with allergies, there is nothing JUST about them - they are horrible). I'm just glad it wasn't anything more serious. (Who knew allergies could make you so sick??)

    I'm sorry to hear about your dear friend passing, Sparky.

    I'm thankful your pastor is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is sure full of twists and turns. Anyway, that is GREAT news about Amberlee. I can seriously relate. I'm very happy she's gotten a diagnosis at her age. Hope you have a great vaca - I look forward to hearing about it! Behave!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparky! I would have commented sooner but I thought that you were already blazing the trail girl! haha! I say... Don't behave! and who told you and her Mother to get rid of all of the perfumed detergents... That sounds to me that the big guy upstairs was definitely at work! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy about Amberlee. Congrats on going on another bike trip! I pray you are safe and have tons of fun. Is this the one with Pappy? I know you guys will be laughing all the time. Hurry back, but hkave your fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto on all the comments. No sense in me repeating it. MISS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Friday my beautiful friend! Thanks for the garage sale tips this week on my post - we are ready for the weekend now.

    I'm sooooo glad to hear that Amberlee is going to be all right! Praise God! That is such great news.

    Today is the last day of school and I'm as excited as the kids. ha ha Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For Everyone :o) ~

    We're back ... yay!! Got in around 10am today. Photos and fun things to be posted later. We are so beat from the trip I have to wait to recover to post anything. :o))

    The weather pretty much cooperated except it is sooooo hot in the afternoon. It's in the mid-90s right now but FEELS like 100 degrees. Yuck!

    Y'all please pray for the Price's (Pappy and Bebe) as they make the return trip to Texas on 2 wheels. The weather is getting really danerous hot and we are concerned for them. We offered to trailer their bike back but they declined.

    Very true about the kindess of neighbors. I posted Doc's memorial at F.A.G. and put a link to him from here. He'll be greatly missed.

    Some people do have the worst luck with allergies. It must be a dreadful thing to have to endure. My heart is full of sympathy for them.

    Thank you so much for the kind words y'all. They do mean a lot to me. God bless to each and every one! :o) xx

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell