Saturday, May 30, 2009

Prayer Warriors Please Apply Within (Update)

Byron Scott

A few moments ago, I received a Facebook notice from a fellow church member that our Pastor has either had a heart attack or his pacemaker defibrillator has malfunctioned.

He and his lovely wife, Tricia, are in Atlanta for a conference when this happened. They are over 4 hours from home.

My humble request is, would y'all please whisper a little prayer of healing and comfort right now for them both? We've only known Byron since last December but have learned to really like him. They've both come to mean a lot to me.

May it please our merciful God and Father to heal Byron and bring them both safely home.

Thanks y'all. :o)

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. (Philippians 4:23)


***UPDATE: 31 May 2009 9:30 AM - From Pastor Scott "I want to thank you for the many prayers today. My heart got badly out of rhythm and my defibrillator slapped me. I spent 5 hours in Northside Hospital today but am now out. I am doing fine but will have to slow down on some of my activities. ***

Sounds like he is much improved! We'll be glad when he can come home and rest. Thanks y'all for your prayers and concerns.

11 comments:

  1. Dear Lord, our Great Physician please spiritually intervene on behalf of Brother Byron. We pray the heart incident is minor and no major damage has occurred. We ask You to comfort his wife Tricia and to surround them with a competent medical team. We ask also that you tend to his flock in his absence and grant him complete recovery so that he may resume his duties and continue to serve You faithfully. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with your Pastor. Keep us posted on his progress. Talk to you later. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! Looks like the prayers have helped as Byron is resting comfortably and should be coming home soon. I'm glad it was only the pacemaker and not his actual heart that malfuntioned. God bless you for your kindness and concern. xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad he's doing better. It's really bad when you get sick so far from home. A lady from church had a seizure while she was on a trip to DC with her boy. She's doing better, thank the Lord, although she's not 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whisper.. nah, that isn't how I roll. lol I'm going to loudly offer up Byron to the best Physician ever! Great to hear that it was just a speedbump to his heavenly promotion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies!! My bloggy friends prayer warriors are truly the best!! God bless you richly for your kindness. xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to see your update that the Pastor is better. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mildred ~ Certainly. Be glad to. We will all be happier when he and Tricia (his wife) are back home. They were missed in church today. God bless ya gal! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God (literally) that your pastor is better. Praise God from whom all blessings fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is he still at Northside? I am only a few minutes away from there. I can run over to visit him and his wife if he's still in Tuesday. Email me at trishw824@gmail.com or leave a note on my blog. Praise the Lord he's doing better. Trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay. I just reread the post. He's out of Northside. Well, I would have gone over. I will pray for him. I need to slow down and read.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell