Thursday, May 9, 2024

When Life Gives You The Finger

 
Such a true statement, right?! No matter what life or circumstances throw at us God's got this. Yesterday He really held me close!

I've been put on light duty for several days. Maybe a month or more. Why? My Facebook friends know already, so, apologies for repeating myself. Y'all get to hear the story again. Lucky you.  πŸ˜ I am having to type all this with one good hand.

Tammie (hiding), Rev. Bob and his wife Jackie
Me (standing) and Peggy

Steve

Yesterday we went Rehab visiting as planned. Ms. Jackie seems to be improving daily. I think everyone had a dandy time. I know Steve and I did. These folks at our Church are just the salt of the earth: kind, generous, thoughtful and true Prayer Warriors. 

After the visit, it was the Noon hour but for some reason I've now forgotten, couldn't decide on where to eat. So we went our separate ways. We went on to Southern Sippin' in Blackshear. Had my weekly sugar-free Hazelnut Frozen Frappe since it was also a fasting day for us. Jesus was further protecting me for what was next!

Next we stopped by the Courthouse Annex to vote in early Primaries. I had my answers of "Yes" or "No" to the long list of local questions to vote on. I pushed all the Dominion machine buttons to send my opinions to the Chinese overlords, handed in the printed sheet they give us to be counted, started walking down the new long hallway they put in to leave, and promptly tripped on a pipe laying across the hallway! I must have fell slightly to the right but hands straight out. I was so stunned I laid there feeling like a fool when I glanced at my left hand and saw this ...

Yes, the bones on my pinky are separated. The technical term is: Dislocated Finger. There was very little blood or even pain. I had stood back up thinking I was none-the-worse for wear, only a bruised ego, but this changed our entire afternoon. I looked at the damage and my knees started to buckle as Steve grabbed me in a sweet bear hug to protect and comfort before I went into shock. Everyone, I mean everyone in that small sphere, stopped to offer aid. The Deputy on duty immediately dialed 9-1-1. The Fire Department was there so quick it was like they were just outside the door. Right behind them was a lovely young lady named Ellen, whom I later learned is a Nurse or other medical professional, who had come by to pay her property taxes, came over to comfort and advise. I had already gone into Survival Mode by first removing all jewelry (over the injury before it swelled!), holding my arm pointed up, and remaining calm. Ellen and everyone kept encouraging me in my predicament saying I was so brave. I told them over and over that it was Jesus holding me together. He knows where I am, what was happening and what the outcome would be. The EMT's arrived directly. I walked out to the ambulance, climbed in after they practically had to remove Steve's shirt from my good hand I was gripping so tightly, I plopped into the gurney, gave them all my vitals, they pumped me full of drugs, and off we went to Hospital 20 minutes away. Steve followed right behind. Thank heavens he rescued my scattered personals after the fall. 

By the way, that drug they gave me for the free ride in a County vehicle, was simply dreadful. After I finally came out of the stupor, I told them to NEVER give me that junk again. It's called ketamine. It would take too long to describe how horrible that stuff made me feel. I'd rather have the pain. For real.
So, I'm having to fly on one wing for awhile; can't ride or do any heavy lifting. If I'm not commenting or posting much, this is why. I'm Ok. It's merely an inconvenience in a world full of much bigger problems.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is peaceful and full of His grace.

πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™

19 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, dear lady! Yes, I saw where you posted on FB, but wondered "the rest of the story." Having to ensure 15 years of annual safety training at my last job, I'm aghast at the idiot who lay a piece of pipe across a hallway. Thank goodness for those first responders, but oh m'gosh ... what if that had been an elderly individual who might have done a face plant and broken a hip. (Don't get me started!)
    I love your faithful testimony. We should always remember, Jesus is always holding us together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Endure", I mean. Not ensure. 🀭

      Delete
    2. I said the same thing about the idjit that put that there. Anyway, maybe my mistake saved someone else's life. HE sure wanted me at the Hospital for a reason only He knows at the moment. πŸ’™

      Delete
  2. Yikes, what a fall. So sorry you got hurt but pray for a speedy recovery.
    Love your testimony and making lemonade out of the lemons of voting. I'm right there with you on that voting stuff.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. God bless y'all. πŸ’™πŸ’™

      Delete
  3. So sorry. I think there are better drugs for pain though. I hope you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! It was like an out of body experience but my conscienceness ceased to exist. It was creepy. πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize you got an ambulance ride out of all this! That's too much excitement in one day!
    I'm sorry you had to deal with the ketamine. I've head the same about that drug. Glad you are patched up and praising Jesus in the storm. Praying for healing for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they hadn't knocked me out so completely, I think I would have almost enjoyed the ride. I knew you and at least Stacy would know what that awful mess was. It's really creepy stuff. I suffered from trauma last night from it. I was afraid to fall asleep! Had to pray that away. πŸ’™

      Delete
  5. I have never heard of ketamine used like that, and would be just like you. Oh My, Sparky, it looks horrid, prayers for quick recovery and wow, at all the help you had... that is crazy about the pipe. You already know about my fall, but mine was my fault and at home and needed not doctor. it really looks painful.. don't take the pain pills is they gave them to you... I use OTC only, i have addictive personality and am scared silly of drugs.
    We will be waiting until you can post.. hugs and well wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truly I feel like this fall is my fault too. Just being inattentive on my part.
      Good advice. I won't take opiod's or any other pain killer. It's OTC all the way. Drugs kinda scare me too.
      Thanks for the kind words and prayers! I always look forward to your posts. πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, Sparky, and I hope and pray you will heal quickly and completely!
    Blessings always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Praying for you and Danny. Keep us posted when convenient. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. That looks so painful. Gosh so glad you didn’t hit your head or did anymore damage. Very careless for whoever left that pipe out.
    I’m not familiar with that pain shot. Glad you’re alright, otherwise. Just rest and allow the healing to commence. God’s got this! πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't think of that! Glad it wasn't my head too! Yipes. Thanks Debby. You're always so thoughtful. πŸ’™

      Delete
  8. Well all I can say is I am so sorry. You went through so much. That was terrible. I sure hope you heal fast. Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Feeling mucho better already. Ibuprofen is great. Hopefully Doc will remove the splint tomorrow. πŸ’™πŸ’™

      Delete
  9. I like your title! Good thinking. But so so sorry you hurt yourself like that. I know that had to be traumatic, especially in a public place, but look how God had all the right people around to help you! So thankful it wasn't worse, but this looks bad enough. Praying for your finger to heal without any further complications or pain. I never heard of ketamine, just looked it up and it says it has hallucinogenic effects! Why on earth would they be using that? That's just crazy. No wonder it affected you so badly! Praise God Jesus helped you get through that! Well, I guess you'd better just try to relax and rest and enjoy watching the birds and let Steve take care of you. Sending you (((hugs))) and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry you tripped and were hurt so badly!! It is nice that help arrived so quickly, even with a nurse right there. God is good and for some reason you are supposed to settle down for a bit. Enjoy letting Steve pamper you!! Prayers lifted for perfect healing. xo

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell