Saturday, June 15, 2024

My 16th Blogoversary And A Birthday

 
πŸŽ‰ June 15th, 2008, I made my first blog post. πŸŽ‰ What a greenhorn I was! I had no clue as to what to write about or who would care. I had no audience or contacts yet. Off I went blissfully ignorant of all these things and more, dipping my toes into the warm writing pool along with everyone else hoping someone would notice. Eventually others did (thank you!) and it went from there. Back in those days Blogger had a "Next Blog" button on the upper right hand side where we could proceed from wherever we were to the next blog of like minds. Remember that? I miss that feature because I made lots of contacts who became friends that way. It was fun to go exploring other blogs. Most of the time lately it's been a "friends of friends" type of contact where I'll leave a comment somewhere and some kind person will click my link to see what's up and maybe 'follow'. That's fine too. I've done that lots of times. As long as we get to talk to one another, share ideas, opinions, recipes, photos, life events or simply polish our writing skills, it's all good. Writing keeps me sharp that's for sure. Sadly, some of my original blogging friends have passed into Glory, others have fallen by the wayside or moved on for whatever reason, but I appreciate you all πŸ™Œ whether an old friend or a new one and the time we all spend together. I do miss the ones that have passed or are no longer blogging. Lord willin' I hope to keep blogging for many more years unless the Rapture happens or God calls me Home some other way.
πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Also, today, is what we believe to be our Maggie's 5th birthday. πŸ₯³πŸŽˆ When we rescued her as a puppy, it was her, her brother and one other possible sibling that got away. That was almost five years ago when we found them abandoned, starving, and obviously living in neglect, on our nearby country road that cold October morning. I had no idea how much our lives would change for the better that day. We were heading for a Day Trip but immediately canceled that plan after the puppies were in the truck. Took the poor little mites home, named them, bathed them, pampered them, took them to the Vet for a check-up and shots the next day and eventually bought personalized collars for the new crew. The Vet estimated that June 15th, 2019, was their day of birth. I had every intention of keeping them both, but, after awhile the Boys (our Jack Russell Terriers Jack and Sam) did not like the male. They liked Maggie just fine. What to do? I owed the Boys first, of course, thus we sold Sport to a local fella so his mother, who had just lost her dog of many years, would not be lonely. I think about her brother Sport from time to time. The guy who bought Sport kindly sent photos of him after being groomed and his new home with that fellas mother. I'll bet he's matured into a good dog too. 
As y'all can see Maggie is my little buddy. She even 'helps' me with everything even blogging. I call her Brat but she really is a sweetie. She's the smartest, friendliest, most fun dog we've ever owned. God knew what I needed even before I knew I needed her! He's always looking out for us, isn't He!? πŸ’— 

Let me end with a heartfelt thanks for joining me in this journey of virtual journaling. I know y'all are praying too but please keep petitioning the Lord concerning our Country. I know God hears and answers all prayers according to His will and may His will be done but the criminals running this Country really need to be gone. 😟 So many people are hurting terribly especially children. Thanks. 

Love to you all. Have a wonderful day!❤️‍πŸ”₯
πŸ’™πŸ₯°πŸ’™πŸ₯°πŸ’™

27 comments:

  1. Happy birthdays all around! I suppose I ought to look and see when I started blogging, LOL. Have a beautiful day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you started about the same time? I know you're one of the first 'followers' I had for which I am VERY grateful. You are a true friend. And I'm so thankful that I got to meet Liam while we was still this side of Glory. He is such a precious young man. Reminds me a great deal of our nephew Bobby. They're both someone you just like right from the start. Love to you both! Stay cool sweet friend. πŸ’™πŸ’™

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogoversary! I created my blog Aug 28, 2008, but did not do another post until May of 2009. I started it to show the millions of photos I had been taking and to show God's creation.. over they years it turned into a journal of everything that happens and stories.. I have 7 original followers, we have been friend since 2009. many had passed and others just stopped for many reasons. Happy Birthday dear Maggie, and that is the name I was going to change my name to the day I turned 18. ha ha, never did it. but have had a dog named Maggie, the other choice was Cassandra. prayers for your bikes to sell. and for your safety and for mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, a lot of us began blogging in 2008. I think I know why: those of us who believe in Christ could see what's coming. That's my theory, anyway. It's also when I started attending Church more in spite of the bad history I've had with Church's. I gave 'them' one more chance. Glad I did as it's all enriched my life, brought me closer to Christ, and I have so many friends now. HE is so good to me. Thanks for the prayers about selling the motorcycles. We haven't had a single nibble. In God's time, it will happen if it's meant to be. Blessings! πŸ’™

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Maggie!
    Happy bloggoversary to you! I also started blogging in 2008. Some of my friends have passed, others have quit, but I've been so blessed by many like minded people I've met here in blog land. It's encouraging to see people out there other than what we see in the news.
    I'm so happy to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy too! Thanks so much. God bless you and yours always! Keep looking up. πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. I'm one of those folks who are new to your blog, and found your great site through your comments on mutual friends' blogs. I'm so glad I did! Happy Birthday, Maggie, and Happy Birthday to your blog, Sparky!
    Blessings to you and prayers for our country!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you too Martha and thank you for the 'follow'! You are so appreciated. I keep praying for us like so many who love Him too are doing. I'm sure God is protecting us from something that could be far worse. He is so wonderful, amen?! Love to you both. πŸ’™

      Delete
  5. Happy Sweet 16!!! I just looked and realized my own 16th anniversary is coming up the end of July. My story's so similar to yours -- except I had no idea what a blog actually was until an acquaintance asked to borrow a picture to put on her blog. ("Your what?") I think it was 3 months before I got a comment; you'd have thought I'd won the lottery. Ha! Because I'd few 'real life' friends and worked in a toxic arena, it was a place I could 'yak' anonymously ... and pray someone would listen.
    ANYway ... I'm so glad we found each other here.

    Happy Birthday blessings to your sweet Maggie and Sport, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made me giggle as I was the same, except for the toxic arena, in 2008! I also had few friends then as it was before I became such an ardent Church attendee so that I may grown in Christ. Now I must know 100 or more locals and I love them all dearly, warts and all. I had no idea how enriching attending Church would be.
      Looking back on my old blog posts I had zero comments or followers. Anyway, I don't know what I've done to deserve such good Blogging friends but you are one of them. I so appreciate everyone that 'follows' and/or comments on my tedious goings on. Warms my heart clear down to my toes. God bless ya.πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. My first “Blogger” blog was called “My Morning Cup of Coffee” I just checked and I wrote my first post the day my Dad passed away. Jan 8, 2007. I then downloaded the entire blog - to save it and then deleted it on August 23, 2021. I already had From My house as we were decorating and gardening etc and it evolved into what it is today without giving out to much personal information like I did on my old blog. I had shared too much about my niece - and some really mean hateful comment from mean ladies kept harassing me about it. I overreacted - just to shut them up. One day I’ll share about all of that.

    Happy sweet 16! It’s amazing as I look over my old blog how I shared way too much. At first only to a few.

    I really liked that “Next post” option. I loved reading blogs and I too followed many. There also used to be index that you could look under individual categories to find blogs.
    Happy sweet birthday to Maggie. Still a young pup! May you enjoy many happy healthy years with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words. I'm so glad you found me! I really like your blog. You always have good subject matter. πŸ₯°
      Oh, dear, sorry to hear about the bad experience on the first one. Some people can be so cruel. I had happen when I 'moved' my blog over to WordPress for awhile. Steve's brother found me there and we so mean! I also deleted the blog because of him and came back here. So far he hasn't found me again. He's been blocked from all communications now. Even his daughter can't stand his cruelty anymore. But if he ever tries to get into contact again ... well, we'll just leave it at that before I say too much! LOL
      Thanks again. Y'all have a glorious Christ-filled day. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. You started blogging in 2008? I didn't know that. And your pup - how I wish I had one - I felt the same way about ours. I miss Disco so much. Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you've lost a much loved pet too. It hurts so much when that happens. Blessings. πŸ’™

      Delete
  8. Yes and amen to the request for our country.. Our children..oh my!
    I have been blogging since 2006 or 7. I was the same way with no followers for a while. It was just my outlet for photography and eventually I joined ABC Wednesday. That was the real start for me. I gained friends, followers and new insight into looking at our world. The challenge of finding things to photograph each week that started with the progression of alphabet letters helped me look beyond so many times. It was a lot of work but fun too. I may just start that agin for my own benefit. It prods me to use my camera each day and week.
    I do love being part of your community and will continue to blog until I can't...
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your photography is wonderful. I enjoy them very much.
      Me too, Sue, I plan to continue on until the Lord calls me Home or something else happens. Thanks for 'following' and stopping by! πŸ’™

      Delete
  9. Happy Blogaversary!! Wow! Sweet 16!! I was a late bloomer and didn't start my blog until Feb. of 2010. For some reason my profile page says 2011, which I don't understand because my first posts were in 2010. Anyway, I don't think I found you until just a couple of years ago, but I'm so glad I did! Happy 5th Birthday to Maggie too! Yes, blogging has opened up a whole new world for us...we've met so many wonderful people here in blogland. Over the years I know we have all gained new friends, and maybe we've lost a few for one reason or another, but all in all it's a beautiful family and I am so thankful I took the plunge and entered this happy group! I know we've all been tempted to drop out from time to time, but I am thankful we've persevered and kept moving forward. I believe our voices are needed in this crazy world...hopefully voices of reason and common sense and hope and love. That's my goal, anyway. Again, Congratulations on your great achievement! Thank you for being my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamela. Well I'm super happy you've found me! It is a happy group. I've learned from everyone and enjoyed many virtual journeys to their lovely, interesting areas and shared Christian values and the Gospel. Have a great remainder of the day! πŸ’™

      Delete
  10. Happy Blogaversary to you and Happy Birthday to Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogoaversary to you and happy birthday to Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! Sorry this got held up in 'comments'. I don't get that. Hope you're feeling better these days. I've been praying for you. Hope you have a wonderful remainder of the day. πŸ’™

      Delete
  12. Happy birthday to Maggie!! Happy blogoversary to you!! My blogging friends are a happy group and I'm so glad we are connected (and also met in person!)!! I had forgotten about that "next blog" button. It was fun to explore there!! Happy weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. It IS a happy group and I know we all pray and are concerned for one another. Can't beat that with a stick. *lol* Happy weekend to you too. πŸ’™

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday to Maggie. Happy Birthday to the blog. I think your blog is great and I love that we can all share and get to know one another. Have a love Birthday/Blogiversary Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! And I'm so happy that we have 'met' and to have you as part of the on-line Christian family. God bless. πŸ’™

      Delete
  14. about the whirly name thing, IF i can figure out how to make one, will do one for you. I created that in photoshop several years ago, and don't have it anymore, just have to think about how to do it in PicMonkey or Procreate

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell