Monday, July 22, 2024

Monday Musings: Thoughts And A Keto Recipe

Good morning! I hope everyone had a delightful weekend? Ours was quiet, which is always nice. Didn't go anywhere or do anything of note on Saturday. Sunday was Church with all my dear sisters and brothers. 

Afterwards we shopped at a new place called Warehouse 203 in Blackshear. They have "train wreck" items: second hand products sold at bargain basement prices. Unfortunately, it's super hot and humid here and they had no A/C in that metal shed. Even with the fans blasting away I wilted after about 5 seconds. I subsequently scooted back out to the truck, turned the A/C on full-blast, and waited on Steve to finish his purchases. Thanks to underactive thyroid my thermostat does not work too well.

On Sunday, we all learned that Jill Biden will not seek a re-election this November. Read that again. Y'all know that's true since according to sources she is the one that's been signing Bills and running the show for the dementia patient. So I hear the Democrats want to run the Queen of Word Salad, Kamala, instead. Good luck with that.🀣  

I made the above dish a couple of days ago. It is pure heaven in a dish. This recipe is a true keeper. Trust me, it doesn't taste keto. It's rich, satisfying and tasty. 

Keto Reese's Lava Brownie (link)

Ingredients
1 large Egg
1/3 cup Cottage Cheese 
3 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 serving sugar-free Chocolate Baking Chips
1 tablespoon softened sugar-free Peanut Butter

Directions
Blend all ingredients except peanut butter or chocolate chips.
Pour into a small greased glass dish. Stir in chocolate chips gently.
Microwave for 1.5 or 2 minutes. Watch closely. 
Remove. Whilst warm drizzle softened peanut butter on drop. Enjoy!

Serves 2-4 depending on size of slices. 

May what I share give God the glory and edify the Saints. Sunday, I woke up with a start. I dreamed(?) that Jesus Christ our Lord was standing at the door knocking with uncountable amounts of small lights before Him. Everything around the lights was in total blackness. Suddenly, He stopped. Then all the lights gathered together and shot straight up into the Heavenlies. I had to think about it for awhile because it was so startling. (I'm a slow thinker) During Bro. Bob's sermon it all together in my head. Jesus is giving everyone one final chance, then all of us who trust and believe in Him will be gathered up and removed. No, I don't know when and I'm not going to guess. That's up to Him. But, we are close. 

Today it's laundry, clean house and yard before it's 100*, straighten this and that. The same 'ol same 'ol. 

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I hope the rest of your day is delightful. Keep witnessing, praying and looking forward to that glorious resurrection that is to come. Love ya.

πŸ’“πŸ™πŸ’“πŸ™πŸ’“

15 comments:

  1. good morning, its hot hot hot here also... no metal sheds with out ac for me. we are to old to enjoy shopping now, bob doesn't need any tools because he does not use the ones we have. we only shop for food and things that need replacing when we run out. soon we will be paying someone to mow. I told him I have pushed my last mower, its been a week and my back is still hurting.. we need a new mower but why waste the money

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Jill's been running things. Now I wonder what will happen. This election can't come soon enough!
    That is an amazing dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - we stayed at church till about 3:30 and by the time we got home, we learned of Biden’s retreat. The next month before their national clown show should be entertaining.
    I can hardly keep up with the current events lately. I’m still processing the assassination attempt!
    New blog isn’t up yet - I’m thinking around the first of August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a clown show alrighty. All I know to do is pray.
      Oh good!! You're staying on-line. Please share when it's live. I miss your blog. Stay well and cool. God bless. πŸ’™

      Delete
    2. https://from-my-house.blogspot.com/2024/07/monday-july-22-blog-update.html

      Delete
  4. Hot sheds for a store? No thank you! I hope they realize they won't stay in business long without AC! Hope they have some good bargains, however! Your dream sounds amazing, and I am hopeful that it will come true sooner rather than later. This world is getting crazier and crazier by the minute, that's one thing that's for sure! The news just keeps getting weirder and weirder. We pray for our nation to turn back to God before it is too late. Your recipe sounds good, but I don't eat brownies much no matter which way they are prepared. But I am sure the chocolate lovers will love it. It's hot, hot, and hotter these days...praying for more rain, and fall to arrive early! Have a lovely rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fascinating dream you had. I think your interpretation is right on.
    Totally agree with Jill pulling the strings and Obama pulling hers. Whew, I wasn't going to go political but I did anyway!!
    Stay cool and just keep praying and trusting.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for your precious comment on my latest post. I am so grateful for friends like you that keep me in prayer. God is so good to have placed you in my life.
      (((hugs)))
      Sue

      Delete
    2. Sue, I feel like *I* am the blessed one that all y'all are in my life!!! For real. And thank you for praying for me. We all need Jesus and each other, amen!? πŸ’™πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. I agree with you and wish the election was over. It is really going to heat up now. I am so sad about the assassination attempt. We have to let people say their peace - both ways - without fear of being killed. It's crazy.
    The brownies looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you're spot on about Jill running the show ... not that I give her that much credit; I suspect she, too, is Barack's puppet. How I'm going to get through this election season without corkscrewing myself into the ceiling is beyond me. (Prayer!)
    Thanks so much for this recipe! Since I fell off the Keto wagon sometime around Christmas, I've developed a sweet tooth that won't sit still and shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite a dream. God does have His plan and we always need to be ready. The Dem's convention next month will be interesting. I'm glad you had a nice, quiet weekend. It's too hot for much else!! Stay cool!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get your sewing machine fixed. Hope its just a bump on your road to your project.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting place to shop. That recipe looks delicious. Thank you for stopping over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your kind comments on my latest blog post. I really cherish my blog friends and their prayers and concerns. July and August have certainly been not so much fun for so many of us. Heat, the economy, health and just getting older seem to be what's happening.
    Prayers for looking upward and just keep plugging along.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell