Monday, July 1, 2024

Monday Musings: All Is Well

 

Greetings folks! 

🏍️ It was nice taking a couple of weeks off from blogging. I may do that more frequently. Actually, we have been quite busy with "busy work", as we used to say, but I did need a break from another obligation. The "busy work" was the day-to-day dealings of life. Nothing bad. Everything is fine. Still attending Church. Still conducting the Wednesday ministry at the Waycross Rehab. 

🏍️ My Dislocated Finger has good days and bad days but the good days are beginning to out number the bad. Thank you Lord for that. The bills are starting to roll in, which is fine. I've been expecting them. I'll be thankful to be done with all that. 

🏍️ We're still trying to sell our motorbikes. Not even a nibble. I guess the economy is simply too poor right now. Gas, food, medicine, previous obligations must come first. I get that. Might come up with another plan. 

🏍️ Rain has returned to our little dry neck of the woods which is an extra blessing from God. It's supposed to rain today, in fact. I can hear the thunder now. 

🏍️ Here in America this our 248th 4th of July. This is when we celebrate our Independence from British tyranny. Well, it didn't last long did it. Our Country started the downhill spiral about 1850, slid even faster since the Gilded Age in 1892, and from there it hasn't stopped, in fact, it's escalated. Anyway, we continue on. It will be a short week for many. Every day I try to pray for our Country as all who read this blog and others must do as well. We all pray that the criminals running the Government will be removed and good Christian people put in their place that we will no longer suffer from their oppression and loss of human rights. May we turn our hearts back to Jesus Christ our Saviour, pray for forgiveness, stop glorifying sin, stop harming children and each other, and then may God shower His gentle mercy on us.

🏍️ Oh, I also did want to share something I think is kinda neat. Our home is located about 150 feet from the road where our mail box is. It's often hard to tell if or when the mail is delivered. Recently I learned about something called Informed Delivery by USPS. I signed up and it works fairly well.  If there's expected deliveries that day, the site will either e-mail or text the homeowner. Click the link and at the Dashboard the homeowner can see what is expected to be delivered, if it wasn't delivered USPS can be notified, and that it was indeed delivered. This includes packages sent through them. Super cool, right?! It lags a little behind but I like having this feature. Just thought I'd share that nifty feature.  

🏍️ That's all I've got. Thanks for stopping by. I hope y'all have a wonderful remainder of the day. God bless you all and keep looking up. 

πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™

10 comments:

  1. Hooray for rain!!! I know y'all have been needing it so badly. God is good! Sometimes, a break from blogging is the best thing we can do in order to regroup and take care of other obligations. I used to manage posting twice a week, but now I'm down to one - too much on my plate with Danny's heart issues. One blessed day at a time . . .
    Have a great Independence Day, Sparky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to 'see' you, Pam!
    For some reason, I've not felt led to post ... our goings-on are actually boring me. Not surprised, but heartened to read your thoughts about our Country. I nearly wrote, "circling the drain", but won't go there yet. Always praying!

    PS - I love Informed Delivery, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I can see our mailbox from the house, I am still thankful for the informed delivery feature and have had it for several years. Georgia must be behind the times. LOL! Anyway, I appreciated your post and yes we need a major overhaul in our government. I believe it's coming, and I am praying for everyone involved daily, even those we don't agree with, I pray for. And yes, we are starting to get more regular rains and that is a real blessing. It's still too hot, but at least there's moisture to keep things from burning up. It's "summertime, and the livin' is easy"...so just relax and don't sweat the small stuff, and as our Pastor friend Chuck Swindoll used to say, "and remember, it's all small stuff!". Still praying for you and your church and pastor and wife. Any news there? (((hugs))) to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send some rain north - will you. It is sooooo hot here.
    Don't give up selling your bikes - I imagine - in this heat - it is the worst season to sell right now - I bet fall when it is cooler would be better.
    We have informed delivery too.
    Glad your finger is getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to see you again! Glad your finger is improving.
    The informed delivery is a great idea. I'm going to check it out, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get an email every day from the USPS. It works great. I am happy to read that your finger is healing well. God bless America!! Praying for that every day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pam, thank you for the kind comment on my blog. With God's help we are getting through this mess called Fraud. We have been overwhelmed and blessed by the love and support of friends both near and far. Our needs are being met, we are processing all the details of changing new accounts and going through the government requirements of Social Security, pension and direct deposits, automatic payments, new debit cards blah, blah, blah.... it goes on and on...
    I actually slept well last night and didn't have my brain racing. PTL
    We have informed USPS service too. It has helped us a lot.
    Glad you have gotten rain to give the earth a drink. We are entering a heat wave for the next 2 weeks. Every day it will be 111F... the grid is going to be off the charts. Praying we doing have the horrible wildfires of the last few years. California is not the place you want to be for many reasons. I am in total agreement with your comments on your post. Heaven help us...
    Not going to be on FB except to scroll through and see what's going on. Also not going to be posting on Blogger for a while. I will continue to see and comment on others blog posts.
    On the advice of our son he says to remain "Radio Silent" for a while. The "Bad Guys" are lurking everywhere..be vigilant..
    Glad your finger is better and praying for the sale of your bikes.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It breaks my heart that this has happened to y'all. Makes me angry that there are those who seek to harm others then seemingly get away with it. As a retired Bookkeeper Accountant, who spent years handling others large money amounts and personal info and did many an Audit for large Corporations, I would be really interested in how y'all got "hit". And why the Radio Silence. I truly don't think that will make a difference? But I'm not always right. Just curious. I deplore criminals. Thwarting them any way we can suits me right now to my socks.
      God bless you both. If there's any way I can help, just say the word. They don't call me Sparky for nuttin'. *wink* Yours in Christ.πŸ’™

      Delete
    2. Oh Sparky, you are so compassionate and kind. Thank you for your concern. I really don't know how we were targeted. The internet and AI are always looking and listening. When we picked up the phone..It was one in garage that didn't have ID..first mistake!! We aren't stupid but we sure did a stupid thing and the deed is done so its on to redoing, canceling, reapplying, changing blah...blah...blah..Long hours in person and on phone etc.
      Our friends and family are helping us and we will come out the other end with a testimony full of blessings and strength in our faith.
      Son doesn't want us on Social media for a while so the "bad guys" will not be snooping at our business.
      We will do it and I will chat with a few of you via your blogs.
      Just having a place to vent with friends is a plus.
      Thanks again
      Sue

      Delete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell