Saturday, July 13, 2024

Currently

Currently ~ ~

The Weather ~ It is hotter than a Georgia Firecracker right now but that's normal for July. Any outside work is done very early, or at least we try to.
Yesterday a dead or dying Oak fell against the back fence which needed to be dealt with. Why do these things always seem to happen when it's miserable out? The chainsaw wouldn't start, so, I fetched the giant clippers and Hubby used the gas powered pole saw. By the time we were finished we felt rode hard and put away wet. We could hardly move out of our comfy recliners. It's rough getting old. I thanked the Lord anyway that it did get done, put on the firepit for later and we survived. 

Watching ~ Back to back MST3K on YouTube. Some of the quips an one-liners are so hilarious I can't even drink my ice tea. We don't watch any major network news anymore. Makes life a lot sweeter staying away from the propaganda machines. It's all lies anyway no matter what channel one watches. Can I get an Amen? πŸ˜‰

Feeling ~ A bit deflated lately. This started right after the May 8th event (Dislocated Finger) and daily now it seems to hang on in ever increasing volumes. This traumatic event seems to have knocked the ever lovin' stuffing outta me. Or maybe it's because I need to give up riding which was going to happen anyway? Who knows?! But lately small things are getting on my nerves. I feel like I was 'short' with someone at the Rehab Center! Bad girl! This is very unusual. I'm usually so upbeat, calm and friendly. Really, I'm quite joyful (because of Jesus). I love people and helping. I'm just not happy for some reason. Gotta shake this off! I do hope these feelings are only temporary. I don't like acting sad or being grumpy.

Looking Forward To ~ Having thick cut Rib Eyes tonight. I know this may sound odd but we pan fry ours with lots of salted Amish butter or rendered tallow (beef fat) and yummy spices. The Rib Eyes are so good cooked this way. Never dry or overcooked. 

Thinking ~ How I need to stroll down in the blazing heat and biting bugs to the mailbox. Being debt free we seldom receive mail anymore but have some today. I only know there's mail because we're using that USPS Informed Delivery. That feature rocks!

Making Me Laugh ~ 



Thanks for stopping by. I hope y'all have beautiful remainder of the day. Keep looking up because the stench of what's going on worldwide has to be reaching His nose. I really do think Jesus will be taking us outta the way soon. May we all keep being kind, loving others, and sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ until we're rejoicing at His feet forever.
πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™
~ Sparky ~

10 comments:

  1. Yes and AMEN !!!
    As Dave and I are in the Winter of our lives and the ugly of the world whirls around us I feel that downward slide too. Thank you for your prayers and love that come from your heart.
    Our "jungle" in the backyard has been on hold for over a month. Too hot, and life just has been thumbing its nose at us.
    Time to get a change of attitude since God has been so good to us and we are back to rebuilding our lives.
    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand about the heat and needing to do things EARLY. We sat outside this morning watching some folks we know who came to put new belts on our riding lawnmower. We kept moving into the shade as the sun came up and around us, but still after a while I had to go back inside because I was getting sick being in the heat. Yesterday I mowed with the push mower, and after 1/2 hour was totally whipped. This heat isn't for sissies! I am sorry you are feeling down. I know having something like your finger incident and then giving up the bikes, etc., is a traumatic event and it can leave you feeling down. It's hard for us to accept the fact that we are getting older and we can't do all the things we used to do and we are more fragile than before. But think about what all you still can do, and how God is still working in you and through you to brighten our days and also those around you. Keep your eyes on Jesus...He's still got things for you to do that are very important, like writing to us! Oh, those rib-eyes sound SO good! That is my favorite steak, but we don't do them very often because they are so expensive. I watch for them to come on sale really cheap and then we splurge and buy enough for the whole family to enjoy together. Our son Scott is a master steak grill cook, but your way of pan frying them would be good too. I hope you enjoy them tonight and maybe that will even lift your mood...vitamin B12 or whatever red meat has that is good for you...Yum. Regarding the news...we watch a little on youtube to keep up with what's happening, but you are right, it really gets hard to know who to believe, so I just take it all with a grain of salt and PRAY for our nation because there is so much at stake. Yes, we are watching for Jesus to return any day now..."oh that will be, glory for me, glory for me, yes glory for me...when by His grace I can look on His face, that will be glory, be glory for me!" One of my favorite OLD hymns.
    Have a blessed night/day/Sunday tomorrow. Praying for you and your church too. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably drive you nuts, Sparky, as I'm a news junkie. Instead of letting all of it get to me, I simply pray that God's will be done, and you know what? It will be in the end, and all will be well forever. Of that, all believers can rest assured.
    The heat really gets to us here, too. Age does tend to make us a lot more sensitive to it. Mornings are the best time of day to get out and get anything meaningful accomplished outdoors.
    Y'all be sure to stay safe and cool, my friend! God bless always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate on SO many levels what you're feeling. Every time I look at the sad state of our backyard I just give thanks we're no longer living in an HOA development. I'm feeling so blessed to surround myself here with like-minded prayer warriors.
    Love these memes, and guess what? I pulled out a couple rib-eyes from the freezer a little while ago and suggested we pan fry them tomorrow. Shocked when Tom actually agreed so please, keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you having such heat. I've often said I'm not tough enough to live in the south.
    I'm also sorry you are feeling down. Dealing with the finger, not being able to ride, the heat and the state of the country is a lot. But, you are looking to God! And I know you have that inner joy that means the most. I'll be praying for you.
    Sitting here reading blogs with the tv on, watching the news on President Trump shooting. The world has gone crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes. Amen. I don't watch the news anymore but do trust that God is in control and He knows how this will all shake out. I do my steak in a skillet too. Yum! Take care of yourself, Pamela/Sparky. Blame it on the heat and keep a positive vibe alive! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry you are feeling down, my friend. Could it be the oppressive heat keeping you down? Even with Jesus, this world and the shape it's in can get to anyone at times. And look what happened today! I've already read one blogger's comments about it. Um...yeah, I don't think we're all going to pull together as Americans and tone down the differences as the media and politicians are calling us to do. The divide is deep.
    Oh my, those rib-eyes sound delish! I'm going to have to try frying one of these days.
    Ha, ha! Love the funnies. BC was one of my favorites as a kid.
    I hope you have a blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well if you are grumpy we did not know it... you are like I am, we can hide our feeling UNTIL WE CAN'T. ha ha.. I know what you are saying because I have been exactly what you describe for one whole year. I come out of it for a while and then slide down again. hope yours doesn't last that long. I think it is because there is no cure for old age, and the ills/problems that come with aging, and its hard to believe my life has changed drastically and will remain that way.. Florida is ready to burst into flames and I dread the mailbox and it is only 50 feet away. I use the USPS email to and if it is only junk mail, leave it until something I want, like yesterday bob's drivers license renewal came. he has to go in because over 80 has to take an eye test unless he makes an appt with eye doc and they fill out a form. ov Vey.
    since you don't watch news, you missed the almost assassination of Trump last night. yes I agree, no matter which news you watch it is all about their opinions.. I wish I could not see it, bob watches it until I want to scream

    ReplyDelete
  9. bawwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaa on the comics, thanks. Needed that laughter. I hear you on the "downness"--keeping you in prayer my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy I can relate - we are in North GA and it is hotter and than heck - what is going on?
    I am sorry about your dislocated finger.
    Not sorry that you have rib eyes and Amish butter tonight that is awesome.
    Pray for the county - so sad that someone had to do that to Trump and killed and hurt innocent people.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell