Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 

Gosh, it's gotten hot all of a sudden. This morning was cool but it's creeping up to 90*+ as the day progresses. 
I watered everything early when it was at it's coolest (about 62*). The air felt very nice. This is what I look like whenever I'm out in the yard now that the biting flies have hatched. Southeast Georgia has Deer Flies, Yellow Flies, Horseflies, Mosquitoes, and on and on. Then there's the non-biting ones like gnats. They simply drive one mad what with getting in our eyes, ears, noses, etc. So I'm covered up! I wish there was a hat or net for doggies so they wouldn't have to walk around snapping at these pests the whole time. They really suffer but always endure, for awhile, so as to be close to me. They have their own pet door so as to pop back inside (or out) whenever the mood moves them. Ok, I spoil 'em. I admit it. I would want to be treated the same way. 

Thank you for the kind words about Tommy yesterday and his situations. The air conditioner can not be repaired. Oh well. Time to take another tack. Not concerned as God's got this. At least Tommy has lots of fans and he says he can take it. He's tougher than me! I would have been whining to high Heaven about the heat already. Just ask my husband. He's had endure a moment when on a blazing, hot 4th of July ours quit working. Yeah. I'll bet they heard me fussing in the next county! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I cooked more dog treats this morning. We've been feeding our three fresh cooked, locally raised chicken gizzards for treats. It's so much cheaper and safer than anything the Chinese conglomerates churn out plus it has no grains or artificial chemicals or additives. We're saving boo coo bucks and helping them be healthy too eating the same way we do. Win-win! All three of them stay in the kitchen with me, salivating, watching my every move. They are so cute.
I also cooked my specialty Keto no-sugar added Chocolate Treats for us. It's something I fix on the stove. It usually takes only about 8 to 10 minutes tops. Those are all the ingredients and utensils above: Amish Butter and Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips (no-sugar added). First, I gently melt about 1/2 the stick of butter. Be careful not to burn the butter. Then slowly add one overflowing cup (1 cup) of Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips. Stir well until completely melted. I add it to an ice cube tray with a long metal spoon so I won't burn myself. Refrigerate. Do not freeze. *boom* You've got a low-sugar treat! For the ice cube tray I bought these silicone ones on Amazon. They're only $9.99 for 4 of them or they may be available locally for y'all. We live way out in the boonies. None of our stores carry these but keeping these trays around is very practical. They are good for ice cubes too.  πŸ˜‰ 

Well, mail's in. Guess I'll go see if anyone has sent us a Million Bucks. πŸ˜ First I have to suit up again with the net, hat, long sleeves ... πŸ˜¬ the fun never ends. πŸ™„πŸ€£ 
Isn't wonderful that He always is! πŸ’“ Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed remainder of the day my friends. 
πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

11 comments:

  1. Good idea wearing the netting! I can’t stand flying insects! Fortunately we are not plagued by many. I’ll see one mosquito and that’s it - I’m in the house!
    We supplement our dog with veggies. πŸ₯• She loves carrots, green beans, peas, apples etc. We use fruits and vegetables as her snacks. She also gets an egg a day!
    Ha ha about the million bucks in the mail. Wouldn’t that be nice… or would it?
    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, when they start flying, I'm outta here too! I think when the Lord smote the earth He did Southeast Georgia and Florida double time! πŸ˜‚
      I wish they could eat veg's. I give them to Jack, he's the one with digestive issues, and those make him sick too. Golly. I thought it was only grain products he was allergic to. I'm gonna make the doggie's some hardboiled eggs now. What a great idea! Thanks. Hopefully Jack won't "return" those on the carpet. πŸ’™

      Delete
  2. I love the thought of that netting! Past the point of caring how I look while doing yard work, I'll be looking for something similar on Amazon.
    While chocolate's not my favorite, I'm going to try this recipe. There's 4 ice cube trays (I found at Dollar General) still languishing in a cabinet somewhere. Last time I remember using them was for freezing leftover wine. (Leftover? What's that? Ha!)
    Thank you for the update on Tommy. He's made of sterner stuff than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leftover wine ... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't know either! For real!
      I would recommend using silicone ice cube trays 'cause it's a bugger to get out of the hard bottom ones without tearing up the treats. If you make some, please share! I like learning new recipes that are sugar-free. πŸ’™

      Delete
  3. My hubby wears one of those netted hats when we take our walks. The bugs don't seem to like me as much as they "like" him. He must be sweeter!. They do get to my bare legs, however, so I probably should wear long pants but it's just too hot! I sent you a PM a few minutes ago about a distant "relative by marriage" who passed away and who lived in your area. Just wondering if you knew of him. Anyway, we are praying for rain and cooler weather too...the pond is trying to dry up. But it will come back with the rainy season, so I guess it's okay. Take care and enjoy your lovely yard and home as much as possible in this heat! Oh, my kids make their dog food for Sugar and Spice too, with fresh chicken and rice and green beans, and whatever else I don't know. They are very particular about what they feed them, and they are very healthy pups! They eat better than we do! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied. Haven't had the pleasure of knowing or meeting Rev. Hutchinson, as far as I recall. My brain sometimes ... πŸ™„
      We need rain too. It's gotten so dry.
      Prayers all around. πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. We are currently watching the news as we are under a tornado watch and there are tornados in the next county. Scary situation, but so far ok here.
    I'm sorry about the air conditioning. I, too am a whiner when it gets too hot so he's better than me.
    Bugs drive me crazy, I think your outfit is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sparky, I certainly understand why you have to "bundle up" in the buggy spring/summer season in South Georgia. My husband, Danny, tells me the horror stories of being raised in Brunswick, GA, where the gnats and other pests never give up! I recall my father, who loved to garden, saying you either had to water early in the morning or after the sun was down so the soil could retain moisture.
    I do hope some funds can be raised for Tommy's cause, too. I don't know how anyone can live without air conditioning in those South Georgia temps in summer.
    Blessings, my friend, and thanks for your prayers for Danny. He should be coming home tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did the hat come with the net, or did you just drop the net and add a hat to keep it there. great idea. my mother died in 1990 in april and her funeral in Savannah Ga it rained like crazy while we were at the cemetery and there were 100 gnats for every rain drop. my hubby is from PA and had never met gnats. Ga gnats are CRAZY.. and they love hot sweaty people and i am always hot and sweaty.. we bough a winod unit a few years ago, when our central went out and we had to wait 10 days for a part. it is tiny and only cost 99 dollars back then and Walmart has them starting at that price up to 144. it is one room. we used it for 3 and it worked. maybe enough people could donate. it is a plug and cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hat and net are separate. I bought the net on Amazon for turkey hunting as one must be camouflaged. Birds can get easily spooked! The hat is for fishing. It has a large canvas cloth down the back to protect one's neck from sunburn.
      Gnats can be so annoying. They are attracted to sweat, eye ducts, noses, etc. The ones on the coast, like in Savannah, are usually the "no see 'ums" which bite like fire. Ours don't bite, thank heavens, but they drive me coo coo for coco puffs. LOL
      Good idea about Walmart. Thanks! I looked on-line and there are a couple under $200. I'm head of the Benevolent Fund at Church. I will ask if it's OK to buy one for him. Our heat and humidity can be devasting on our old bodies. He's not really "old" at 56 but his health is dicey. Sometimes I'm like an old mother hen when it comes to others comfort ... maybe I'm too soft. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you are keeping the dogs healthy and yourself. I don't blame you about the netting - smart idea.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell