Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Wednesday

 

It has gotten so dry .... I think I even saw a camel caravan go by. πŸͺπŸͺπŸ˜… We need rain. Seems like I'm spending all my time watering the plants since the wet stuff quit us. The dirt road is so sandy I wouldn't dare try to ride down it on street tires. My allergies have gone wacky(er). 🀧 Since there's so much land the grass is on it's own. This makes me especially thankful I planted centipede grass. It's wonderfully drought tolerant. Takes very little care to maintain it. 

Having a subscription to BritBox streaming is wonderful now that our area has high-speed internet. I don't think I could ever go back to being tethered to cable or satellite TV. I'm hooked on watching all The Doctor Blake Mysteries (Australian) and also the Kavanaugh Q.C. with John Thaw (British). After all this time of watching many Brit TV shows and films, John Thaw has become one of my favorite British actors. It's a shame he passed so young.  

Anyone else taking Desiccated Thyroid medications, or any other drug for that matter, that are having trouble getting refills without breaking the bank? πŸ’Έ My NP Thyroid has shot up from $39 for 90 days to $133! No inflation my big toe Joe! πŸ˜‘ Apparently there's a shortage because of the Government. For me and thousands of others this medication is our lifeline to good health. Without it, I, or anyone else with hypothyroidism, will stop functioning. None of us are going to survive this criminal πŸ€₯ Admin if they're not all removed soon. πŸ’©

Sometimes, I just want to sit and cry, but, I refuse to dwell on it. That's pointless, right? Some how we'll cope. We always do. I chose to give it to God. He promises (paraphrased) that His yoke is easy and the burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30) He never gets tired, fails to keep promises or lies. Amen!? πŸ€²

So, today we meet some of the Church ladies to go visiting at the local Rehab center in Waycross. Our Pastor's wife Jackie is there, hopefully healing, from blood clots, double pneumonia, infection, and other awful things. She's a dear. We all miss her so much. Afterwards the group plan to lunch at a local restaurant. Since we don't eat a Noon meal anymore I think Steve & I will stick with the coffee. ☕ Saves money. Besides, I don't need so much food anymore. I mostly only want to spend time with our precious Church family. They always lift me up spiritually. "Iron sharpens iron". (Proverbs 27:17) I appreciate them all so much. 

I hope y'all have a great day full of happy memories. Thanks for stopping by. Ride safe and ...

πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the laugh about the Caravan I could use that here too! We had a 5-year drought and we have no flowers in our yard is always been full of flowers and butterflies and bees and now it doesn't we need rain desperately not all of Florida just our little part of Florida. I went with generic thyroid medicine because mine was costing too much but I'm on Medicare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes on the meds price going through the roof..it just isn't right.
    My opinions are just the same as yours on the administration..ugh
    It seems our drought is over here in the grater Sacramento area.. we can actually water our lawn this year. Of course the weeds think they are more special than the grass and plants. Trying to get them under control..a never ending chore.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo-hiss on those meds! I just had mine refilled this morning (Levothyroxine) and thankfully, no co-pay. Yet. I don't trust our Government idiots one whit.
    It's raining here as we speak so hopefully, some of that will wander your direction in a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How scary is knowing the government is running out of certain medications? I say, Thank You, Obama, for messing up our healthcare! I don't know if this is California law, but when you walk into Walgreens or CVS pharmacy, there is a sign that tells you that they no longer fill prescriptions for pain relief meds. So, it's not a good time for any major surgery. I had my knee replacement and rotator cuff surgery, and I only allowed myself a few days on the pain meds before I stopped them for fear of being addicted. I bought an ice machine that really works great for pain after surgery. I detest the government telling us what we can and cannot do, buy, use, think, live, worship, eat, drive, read, etc.
    Man, it makes me mad. (righteous anger)

    Anyway, Girlfriend, have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very hot and dry here too. I need to go out and water the plants and fill the bird bath, but it is still about 93 degrees at almost 6 pm, so I'm not sure if I want to do it now or wait until morning. We sure do need rain!
    I am sorry to hear about your thyroid medication. That's highway robbery! I do hope something can be resolved as I know that medication is so important for millions of people! Praying with you.
    Also sorry to hear about your Pastor's Wife's illness. How wonderful you all went to see her today. I am sure she appreciated that! I pray she gets well very soon. Your pastor can't get along without her for long, I am certain! Praying for your church too. Take care my friend, and I do pray you will be able to keep your medicine. May God intervene on your behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Britbox! We also watched Dr Blake, went through the whole series and enjoyed it!
    Yes, there seem to be quite a few meds with shortages and it makes no sense to me! Another one is certain types on insulin - peoples lives depend on it and they are having trouble finding it. So I'd like to know what our government is doing! I'm sorry you are dealing with this too.
    I hope you all had a good time today. I know your visit blessed your pastors wife!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dr. Blake too!! Is there a new season? I've seen them all but need to go check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw your update on FB ... prayers for speedy healing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My opinions are just the same as yours on the administration!! I am so sorry about the cost of your medicine!! Also, we are in north GA and all it does is rain here. What is going on in south GA?

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell