Monday, May 6, 2024

Monday Musing

 

The weekend was uneventful: Saturday we worked around the property with lots of resting, Sunday was Church. 

Not much going on today either. I did laundry earlier, then watered all my pretty flowers. 🌻 We sure need rain. It's dry as toast out there. 

We live way out in the country, about 14 miles or more from the nearest town with stores, therefore, we try to always consolidate errands to save on gas. This morning I had prayed that God would put someone in our path that needed help or to hear His Gospel or whatever suits His will. God always answers prayer! After a cup of coffee we headed towards said town for supplies. As we arrived on the outskirts, there was one of our indigent neighbors, Tommy, that many of us have been assisting as best as possible. Tommy is 56. He used to work but has lost his vision to cataracts which renders him nearly blind. Now he only has a couple of beaten up, hand-me-down bicycles with balding tires for transportation. Well, Tommy was over 16 miles from home in this 90* heat on that busy Highway 84 and it wasn't even Noon!! Even though we were nearly at our destination Steve quickly turned around to meet up with him at a storefront. We gave me a lift back to our community. He was so hot he was shaking like he was on the verge of heat stroke. Poor guy. Then, of course, there was a train blocking the way home which made the journey even longer but it was God's will because it gave me a chance to learn some things about what he needs. Tommy lives on others charity in a run down ramshackle trailer that has no air conditioning in this terrible heat and humidity! That won't do. My husband can fix nearly anything. Steve further volunteered to pop by there soon and look at the A/C unit to see if it can be repaired easily. Please pray that it can be repaired as buying him a new one can't be done by us. Thanks. Tommy is a sweet guy, he's simply down on his luck because of poor health. Plus, he's a true orphan (grew up in an orphanage in Jacksonville, Florida) and we all know what the Holy Scriptures say about taking care of widows and orphans. 

What was true then is still true now. Amen?! πŸ’“ God never changes. Went back out again to said town to continue with our errands. We stopped to buy gas and only purchased a few groceries. After spending $120 for so little it left me in a blue funk but it'll pass. ☹️ At least I have a home to come back too that's peaceful, air conditioned, safe and clean. My life is absolute peaches and cream compared to what others must endure. Thank you Lord for this blessing and more. 

Well, that's it for today. We're cooking breakfast sausage for our mornings. It's so much easier to just microwave it in the morning instead of making a mess to be cleaned up. The house is smelling so yummy! 

Thanks for stopping by.

πŸ’™ πŸ’™ πŸ’™

16 comments:

  1. Lifting prayers right this minute for Tommy! You and Steve are one (er, two) in a million. I've not the means, but would contribute to a GoFundMe account on his behalf if you're aware of one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. That won't be necessary you sweet gal! I'm going to try and contact the landowner of the hovel he lives in. I want to ask if he can arrange some type of A/C for him. He might be a nice guy, you never know. Thanks though!! You just brightened my day. I think with all of us who Believe being kind to others we can help them not feel so alone or in despair. Been there (in despair), done that. Jesus loves us all.
      GOD BLESS YOU!

      Delete
  2. "Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." James 1:27

    My husband says that is his only "religion." It is the only place in the bible that uses the word religion.

    You and your husband did well, and I love to read this. We don't hear enough of this, which is very encouraging and empowering. I do hope and pray Tommy gets the help he needs. So many fall through the cracks of life while everyone is in a rush going here and there. I pray that people will slow down enough to see those who are hurting and need help. As part of the family of God, it is up to us, not the government, to help. We'll be seeing more of this, you know...the elderly and disabled, unable to afford the basics, like food and shelter.
    Oh Jesus come quickly - but until then we do have work to do! Amen and Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby. You said it so perfectly! Better than me. You're right, Government messes everything up and is NOT kind! I was hoping this wasn't bragging. I'm learning that it's important to show Christ through humanity. It's the small gifts that speak the loudest. I tend to be a selfish little rat. I get my own cheese then will stay in my corner if allowed. Thank you Jesus that the Holy Spirit spurs me on to be more open, kind, generous and thoughtful to others. If I earn any "crowns" I want to be able to cast them at my Lord's feet when I'm rejoicing in Heaven. HE deserves all the praise anyway. πŸ’™

      Delete
    2. It’s not bragging to help another. Anyway, God knows our heart.

      Delete
  3. God is definitely blessing Tommy through you both, Sparky. I pray that Steve can fix that air conditioner for this man who needs to know that the Lord cares for him so deeply and sends help when it is so crucial. Please keep us apprised of what happens with Tommy down the road.
    My husband, Danny, will have an MRI at some point tomorrow. Would y'all continue to pray! Thanks and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha. Praying for Danny and you! I've had many MRI's when I was sick all the time. May these days be over for y'all soon and everyone back to good health again. πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. Praying that Steve can fix that air conditioning. I know how blessed you and Steve are in passing on God's blessing to Tommy. You'll have to update us on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray that too. Steve is so sweet and thoughtful. I hope I'm not pressuring him to do things that are dangerous to his health. In my eyes, he can do anything. Sometimes I have to remember he's 76 years old now. Seems like just yesterday we were young and energetic. We got old. What happened? lol πŸ’™

      Delete
  5. Bob is like Steve, can fix anything, you should have afew more good years os Stever repairing things. Bob at 87 still has the mind to do it but the body don't work so good anymore. until 85 he was still doing what he always did. Prayers for tommy and for the AC to be an easy fix, and prayers for the two of you as you spread the gospel by doing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that analogy: spreading the Gospel by doing. Yes! That's our goal. To glorify Jesus Christ and His goodness for there's nothing good in me. All my/our works are dirty rags in comparison to His works. Thanks for the prayers. The A/C can't be fixed. We're gonna have to come up with another solution. God's got this. It'll all work out and to His glory. πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh I am with all the gals that replied. I am so sorry. Did he get the a/c fixed for him - let us know. I hate to hear that in America this is still happening. We are so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for asking. Y'all are all such dears. I feel blessed for this blogland community! Steve couldn't fix it. Apparently there had been a power surge (if that's the correct terminology) which "fried" the circuits. It's trashed. So, we go from there. This is when I wish we had deep pockets ... God's got this. It'll all work out. I'll keep praying. Blessings. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. Praying for your neighbor Tommy, and for his landlord to do the right thing and help him with some way to cool his home. Thank you for doing what you did for him. You are really good neighbors. Praying that God will find other ways to bless this dear man and help him with what he truly needs most. Yes, we often take for granted our blessings of AC and comfortable homes and transportation. This is a good reminder to us to count our blessings and also to look for ways to bless others in need of whatever help we can do. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% correct. πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘ Thank you for the kind words. There's a group of us now helping others. I live in such a loving Christian community. That's a blessing to! πŸ’™

      Delete
  8. Bless you and Steve for caring for Tommy. I hope Steve can fix the AC unit and that you find the landlord helpful as well. Let us know how it goes, please. I'll be praying for him.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell