Sunday, March 3, 2024

Sunday Stealing: Crafting


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves. ๐Ÿ’™

๐Ÿงต 1. What (if anything) are you doing to celebrate St Patrick's Day?  Steve and I try to celebrate every year as this is our self-designated "anniversary". On March 17th of 1979 we went on our first date and have been together ever since. So, St. Patty's is our First Date Anniversary. Then we officially married in August of that year. I'm not sure what we'll do this year. Haven't really discussed it yet as it will be our 45th.  

๐Ÿงต 2. What is your least favorite color (to wear, to craft with or to decorate with)?  I'll have to think about that for a moment because I like almost all colours. Um, I guess my least favorite would be the blue that Toyota picked to paint some of their auto's with. It's too purple for my tastes. I believe it's called Blue Crush Metallic. Not a fan. 

๐Ÿงต 3. At a yellow light - do you speed up or slow down??  Usually slow down to stop. Don't want to run a red light but it depends on the traffic situation and if there is proper time to do so safely. I try not to ever do things to scare or endanger others but I also do not want to be rear-ended especially on my motorbike. There's too many distracted or doped drivers these days. 

๐Ÿงต 4. How many pairs of scissors are in your craft room?  About 5, last count. One of these is Steve's old telephone repair snips he always carried at work. He's a retired Southern Bell employee. He wore those, or ones similar, on his tool belt for 41 years. 

๐Ÿงต 5. What are the first three items you have 'saved for later' on Amazon?  None at the moment. I do have some mulling around in my squishy brain though ... 

๐Ÿงต 6. Did you plant any springs bulbs in your garden and if so, have any of them come up yet?  Bulbs won't grow in our sandy, porous soil here in Southeast Georgia. We live in a forest of piney woods and scrub oak. When we lived in Jax (Jacksonville, Florida) I grew Amaryllis because the soil was a rich loam. They are lovely in the Spring. 

๐Ÿงต 7. What book, if any, are you reading right now?  Finished "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore! Yay. Finally. What a life changing read that's been. Steve's starting on it now, so, I'm betwixt and between at the moment. Got some books on order though. 

๐Ÿงต 8. Do you prefer ball point pens, gel pens, or thin tip markers to write with? Gel pens. I don't have to press down so hard to make it visible. 

๐Ÿงต 9. What is your favorite crafting item - the craft item thing you use the most or can't live without? (Exclude basic items like scissors and glue)  It used to be craft paint. I really enjoyed drawing, painting, making things and being creative. I was really into stenciling on walls, doors, outside poles, anything that didn't move. There's too much tremor and arthritis to do that now. 

๐Ÿงต 10. What are the first 3 items on your grocery list and what is your favorite grocery store?  Our weekly needs of Jumbo eggs, Half and Half, and Amish Butter. Because we live way out in the country and the closest grocery stores are in a small town, we have to shop at all of them to get all we need and want. 

๐Ÿงต 11. What unfinished craft projects are you working on (or not:) at the moment?  There are none at the moment. 

๐Ÿงต 12. What was the last item you pinned on Pinterest? Or hearted on Instagram?  I don't use either of them. 

๐Ÿงต 13. What is the biggest tourist attraction where you live?  The Okefenokee Swamp near Waycross. 

๐Ÿงต 14. What color is your favorite sweater?  A dark creamy brown with little sparkles in it. 

๐Ÿงต 15. How does your family react when you get a big pile of mail?  That's kind of an odd question. What can we do but deal with it?! Most end up in the round file anyway. ๐Ÿšฎ

๐Ÿงต My thoughts: 


We had a lovely time at County Farm Plant Company on Friday. We and all the ladies probably bought way too many plants. I have my job set for next week. If it keeps raining (fingers crossed) there should be a profusion of color in the back yard by April. I want to attract lots of wildlife. God's creation is much more entertaining than TV.  

After all the plant shopping we all stopped by El Vaquero Mexican Restaurant in Patterson to continue the smiles, laughter and funny stories. 

It was a great time all around. More sweet memories have been made and we made sure to thank Jesus for blessing us so!

Have a lovely Sunday. Keep looking up! Jesus is going to gather all of us who believe in Him to His Home soon.  ✝️


๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ️๐Ÿ’“


16 comments:

  1. Looking forward to St. Patrick's Day to celebrate #45.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary of your first date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary a little Early. Not St pat for us
    I have zero pastel colors in clothing, or decor or anything and Pink is the worst for me
    Slow down at yellow lights
    No craft room, but in 3 rooms there are six scissors
    Stun baton, mace for dogs, sodium free salt…
    No garden ever, i kill plants
    Can’t remember the title i am reading but is it the last one in Shadow Island series about a retired FBI woman that is a sheriff
    Ball point MEDIUM , no fine points allowed
    No crafts in this house ever
    Walmart for everything, no list, just got it all yesterday. The first thing on that list was Search for word book
    See number 9
    Not a pinterest member
    Live in a tourist town, you can’t drive a mile to not stumble over them, they are numerous. Beaches are the draw but we have a gazillion parks and museums
    3 sweaters, all black, all REALLY OLD. only wear them less than 10 times a winter.
    We only get junk mail, which is dropped in the trash bin, I do everything on line. We do get the water bill paper. No idea why. No family here and bob would not touch a piece of mail it the pile buried him

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an interesting one. I love that your first date fell on St Patricks Day. It makes it easy to remember and celebrate!
    I'm glad you had a nice week and that you thank God for blessing you. Sometimes we take those day to day things for granted but God really does take such good care of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun that y'all still celebrate your First Date. My late hubby and I used to do the same thing! Tom worked for the phone company (in Chicago) for years; later in Florida and Arizona. I don't know what they called his job exactly; he called it being a 'wire puller.'
    That sweater you're wearing looks like something I'd pick! Love the yellow blooms in your cart ... more so, the food on your plates. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to set aside that day as an anniversary. You should host a party for yourselves. I hope you will post some photos of your flowers as they grow. I love that kind of thing. I want to plant a lot but, I have to have someone else do it for me and I feel awful asking for the help. My first real job was for Bell Telephone in the accounting department.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet memory of y'all's first date. So romantic!
    I love those flowers you purchased, too. Plant some for me - lol!
    Have a blessed Sunday and week ahead, Sparky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You remembered the date of your first date - I have to say I don't remember ours. I love St. Pat's day. Happy First Date Annivesary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy first date anniversary (coming up)!! Great photos and I look forward to seeing your yard full of blooms and all kinds of creatures! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoyed this post and all the fun stuff you are doing. Can't wait to see how your garden grows!! I don't do crafts anymore, never was much into it anyway. Costs too much money! LOL. But I appreciate what everyone else does. Happy first date anniversary! St. Patrick's Day makes it easy to remember. Our first date was October 12, 1968, I think...it was his Aunt Nellie's birthday, but I didn't know that yet and didn't know her either, but just thought that was funny. We don't celebrate it, but we have talked about it often. Oh, where do you find Amish Butter? Are there Amish people near you? Now that is something I would LOVE! Fresh homemade butter has to be the best thing ever. Sounds really creamy and delicious! If I had that I'd be eating lots of bread and butter, so it's probably a good thing I can't get it here. LOL. have a blessed new week coming up! Happy March!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our local "Pig" (Piggly Wiggly) sells it for about $17 or $18. It's a 2 pound roll sold by Minerva Dairy. Steve cuts it into slices to fit in the butter dish and it lasts for over a month or so. It's very tasty.

      Delete
  12. Aww, Sparky, I'm so glad I found your blog. Love that photo of you in your sparkly sweater..really pretty.
    Happy Anniversary and enjoy how ever you celebrate.
    Eggs are always on my shopping list too
    I do like a finepoint gel or ball point pen.
    I haven't planted any bulbs but adore the spring flowers. Most of the trees around here are almost finished blooming.
    So tired of junk mail but one has to go through it all. Sometimes there is something important tucked between. Its all election stuff now..ugh
    I don't decorate using pink or many pastels. I'm more of an Autumn gal.
    Great questions.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! And welcome. I like your answers too. Have a blessed day.

      Delete
  13. A very Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. I hope you will have an awesome and fun day. I agree that question 15 is weird. Maybe the person who thought of it never gets any posted mail, lol. In the photo of your meal, the food is steaming. It's so nice to get a hot dish fresh out of the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell