Monday, March 18, 2024

Monday Musings

 


Reality Check by Dave Whamond

I know, right?! My husband really struggles with those bags. 😡‍πŸ’« Bless his heart. Tomorrow is our day to forage for food but today Steve took an ailing neighbor to our local grocery store because he can't drive. He rides his bicycle nearly everywhere but the journey from Offerman to Blackshear, then back again on that busy Highway 84 is just too scary and lengthy for someone with dim vision. No way would we let him ride there when we can take an hour out of our day to help. Happy to do it. God always supplies what we all need when we need it. To Him be the glory. 

While Steve was performing said errand I noticed a HUGE limb had broke lose on the ancient Water Oak near the pump house. In my futile mind it was still dangling precariously when returned home. People get killed by those things every year! I informed him that I was going to get the old pickup with lots of rope to yank it down before it squished me or one of the dogs. He walked over and pulled on it one time ✨✨CRASH✨✨ went the limb! Nobody died but it did shake the ground a little bit. He kinda looked at me, like, "So, what's the problem?" πŸ˜ I laughed at my silliness because I am terrified of loose limbs or dead trees. Ok. Well, now that has to be chopped up and disposed of. 


Sunday after Church most of our Sunday School class met at El Vaquero's in Patterson for a noon repast. We had such a great time. What a lovely bunch of folks these are. ❣️ We've prayed together, cried together, rejoiced together, ate together, and learned together. Because of Jesus and His Holy Spirit I have come to love all these dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ more than anything. They are good for me and to me. I hope I am the same for them.

I finished "Breaking Free". Now I'm halfway through "All My Knotted Up Life" by Beth Moore. On page 2 when Ms. Moore says, "Several of these knots I've kept clenched in a sweaty fist all my life" I nearly dropped the book!! That's me! I was stuck on Age 10, cowering in the corner ready for any fight or defense from an abusive parent. I had realized this flaw in my character well over a year ago. God had revealed that. Thank you Lord! I was treating my dear Holy Father who truly loves me, like he was the earthly broken one I got stuck with. What an eye opener Ms. Moore's book is already proving to be. πŸ’•πŸ˜ I give Him permission to continue to reveal my flaws, sins, and errors that need correcting. May His will be done. 

The Ruby-throated Hummingbirds have arrived! The males have started rolling in at our property yesterday. I'm so excited. Love it when they're in residence. That means that the Great-crested Flycatchers can't be far behind. One of the best things about Spring and Summer is all the birds that nest here. 


Well, I've got laundry to finish up, yardwork to do, limbs to cut up, flowers that should be watered, a house that needs attention and Maggie 🐢 is staring at me like I'm some oracle of wisdom. πŸ€” She must think I have food. Brat. That's life in the Country. 

Thanks for putting the kickstand down and staying awhile. Remember, Jesus loves you and wants you with Him forever. "Trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey." Keep witnessing to this lost and dying world and looking up. He'll be comin' to get His Bride soon! πŸ’’

❣️ 🏍️ Ride Safe πŸ️ ❣️

9 comments:

  1. All part of the fun, living with you in the south Georgia "wilderness".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog just fills me with joy and some tears at the same time. What a heart testimony and I love that you and your Sunday School group get together and have that wonderful bond..just like our small group that I posted about last week.
    I love that we are Spiritual Sisters.
    God knows and God hears..
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have a group of Christian brothers and sisters to share so much of life with, Sparky! Yes, we have to watch out for falling limbs as our home is nestled in a forest. We actually had a gargantuan one fall on our deck several weeks back; luckily, no one was hurt, thank the Lord. It did manage to rip our clothesline from the house, though. That's a repair that's still waiting.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many thanx for visiting my Blog. God bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie is adorable. Glad you got the limb out of your way. I think it is very nice to take your neighbor to the store. Love your Sunday School group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bob has a terrible time with some packages too.
    I love the broken limb story.
    Don't you love when you are doing a Bible study and God throws something right at you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my heart goes out to Steve for looking after your ailing neighbor -- and you supporting him. What an example of being a Good Samaritan! 6 years ago now, my every weekday morning commute used to take me under a scary-looking tree limb. One day I was able to slow long enough to take a photo I called 'perseverance.'. It really helped serve as a visual reminder to hang in a difficult situation until the time was right to leave. I believe God was there in that limb; and now I wonder if it's still there. Scooby hang on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. our lives are like a mirror, I fret over tree limbs too. we had a huge limb that fell a couple of hears ago and it took us all day to cut it up, both of us. if one of us or the dog had been under it, we would be dead. it just suddenly broke off. here in WIND country, that same tree whips in the winds and I just know another one will fall. all three of us stand under it a lot.
    Next time you are on my blog, click on the tab at the top that says Max. Your Maggie is the small version of Max. about 1/4 the size but so similar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy my visits with you here in blogland. Sending love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell