Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wednesday Hodgepodge-Volume 542

 

Original post questions here if you'd like to join in.

πŸ€ 1. Thursday is National Pi Day...are you good at math? Pretty much. I can't do high finance but I get along pretty well. What was the last thing you had to calculate? Paying the bills, you know, juggling our what feels like $2 to stretch it to cover everything needed. Ok, I may have exaggerated a little bit ... it's more like $4. Before taxes. πŸ€£ Did you use your head or technology? Both. Last slice of pie you ate? About 5 years ago. We gave up most sugar and carb's about then. I feel much better not eating junk food anymore. 

πŸ€ 2. What makes a house a home?  Having Jesus reside in our hearts and that my sweet husband is still here. I so super grateful to God for us both being alive and together. I give Him the glory.  πŸ˜

πŸ€ 3. Your current favorite green thing?  The grass greening up after it being brown all winter, the lime green leaves on the Oaks, the pine needles swaying in the warm breezes. It's delightful.

πŸ€ 4. How do you define achievement? That's not something I think about. Don't know what to say.  How does your personal definition look similar to, or different than, society's definition? I'm sure my way of thinking is way different from the world! I hope so.  What's something you think is worth achieving in life?  Becoming a better cook in case I have to feed myself some day, memorizing God's Holy Word, and serving others as best I can. When we serve others we serve God.

πŸ€ 5. What song is a good soundtrack for your life right now?  "Running On Empty" by Jackson Browne. It feels that way sometimes. 

πŸ€ 6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Between all the yard work, the weekly keeping the house spit spot, running errands, helping a neighbor and everything else, I'm worn out. My own fault. Part of the feeling tired is an old urology issue that has raised it's ugly head and one other issue that I hadn't had a problem with for about 4 or 5 years. When it rains, it pours. πŸ˜‰ That's OK. Neither are life threatening. Just an annoying part of life. God's got this. I did manage to make an appointment for in 2 weeks time to address the urology issue. It's something that happens to me every 10 years or so. The other is OTC (over-the-counter) and should correct itself with the right care. It's just all the discomfort is making me sleep deprived on top of everything else. Hopefully, I'll stop being ratty and difficult to deal with by Sunday πŸ˜‚ since that's our 45th First Date Anniversary. I do want to go somewhere to celebrate. We might wanna celebrate on Saturday instead of Sunday because it will involve a little traveling. Just thinking out loud.  πŸ˜

Thanks for stopping by and your always welcome comments. Ride Safe dear ones.

πŸ€πŸ️πŸ€πŸ️πŸ€πŸ️πŸ€πŸ️πŸ€

22 comments:

  1. Longhorn Steak for Saturday? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a date Sweetie!! Love you to the moon and back. πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. good morning, I don't do well with questions, it takes me hours to come up with an answer. so drawing a blank, even though I read these on another blogger post a few minutes ago. the green thing I love is our huge oak that is brilliant with new growth.
    prayers for your health issues to be gone soon. at my age, health issues are always hanging about, hubby has MANY and the dog was suffering from gas since midnight and has just now passed out from exhaustion on the sofa. I feared bloat, my mind always goes to the worse possible scenario. but he seems ok now. he paced for 5 hours, threw up twice, and whimpered until my heart hurt. just as I decided to do the animal ER he finally laid down and has been asleep for an hour. the three of us have aging issues. ugh. happy date anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry your Hub's is having problems. I much prefer when I have the issues and not Steve. That freaks me out when he's not well since he's "never" sick! I'm the weanie. Hope the doggie is OK today. Y'all take care. πŸ’™

      Delete
  3. I almost said Running on Empty lol. We have been going going going here lately! I added your link to the list. If you click at the end of my post just below where it says Powered by Linky Tools, there is another line that says 'click here to enter'...that will take you to the link page and you just enter your link there. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. I'm so clueless about these things. I'll hunt for the Linky next time. For some reason I still don't see it. πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. Ugh, I'm so sorry you're not feeling like a 'crispy critter' of late. Fingers crossed you'll be feeling 100% for your special Anniversary.
    I enjoyed your responses, Pam, but just couldn't get into #'s 4 and #5. For some reason, they remind me of questions an interviewer might ask ... or an emcee on Miss America. (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad I drew a blank on the first part of #4 meself. Must be the health issues affecting my thought processes lately. I had to have Steve explain the medical forms to me. πŸ™„
      I'm still giggling at the "Miss America" ... I love your humour! πŸ’™

      Delete
  5. Oh I hope you will feel better asap..Great song for how things are going with you. I think mine would be "Find a wheel and it goes round and round"
    Life has pretty much been that way for a few weeks. This aging process can wear us out or so it seems.We had our "Small Group/Bible Study group here last night for dinner. What fun. We haven't been together since Dec.5..So much catching up on things, lots of laughter, a few tears and so much just being Family. What a cherished time. Food for the body and Food for the soul.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I love my Church family too. I've learned to treasure any time spent with them. What an extra blessing from our Holy Father. I've wasted gobs of time not going to Church that's for sure. πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. Thank you for stopping over at my blog. I enjoyed reading your answers today. I need to become a better cook, or at least want to cook again. I'm just not into it anymore. You take care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for stopping by and following! I will do likewise. God bless. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. Hello Sparky! I saw your comment on my blog and thank you for that. I'm sorry an old medical problem has come to see you. I pray it is resolved soon and very well. Such things are very uncomfortable! My late husband and I always celebrated the anniversary of our first date; it was good to see that you and your husband do the same. I hope whatever you do is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all celebrated the First Date too!? Super cool! What a sweet memory. We're both so fortunate to still be above ground and I know it. I've been losing loved ones since I was 10 years old (Mom died in 1966). I learned by bitter experience that one should always treasure those we love because one day they may be with Jesus. Amen?! Thank you for the kind thoughts. God bless. πŸ’™

      Delete
  8. I think this is my first visit to your blog and I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm trying to memorize more scripture this year. Happy first date anniversary. It would be fun to figure out when our first one was about 52 years ago. :) Enjoy your celebration! We are heading off for a two night getaway to celebrate my birthday with good food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memorizing Holy Scripture is always a good goal to have! I need to do that as well.
      52 years! Well done. I wish I had met my husband earlier but at least I have met him and was able to reconcile the error I made with the first marriage. It was BC: Before Christ. That's my excuse.
      Enjoy the birthday. Have a lovely day.
      Blessings. πŸ’™

      Delete
  9. You have a great gift of counting your blessings, even when you may not be feeling so good. And I think that the way you see achievements or success may be different than the worlds - but it's more important and will last forever!
    Praying for you to feel better by Sunday and enjoy that first date anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mari. Your words just warmed my heart. I am already feeling much better, thanks. I feel so super blessed. πŸ’™

      Delete
  10. When you come down to visit? (grin)--I hope you get to feeling better, keeping in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. Dunno when, or if, it will happen. I hope y'all have a great time at the beach during your mini vaca! Love ya. πŸ’™

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed your answers. Hope the rest of your week went well. I'm late getting around to commenting.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell