Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

Drabble by Kevin Fagan

πŸ˜‡ It really is like that! Maggie the rescue dog follows me down the hallway to that room almost every time lately. I don't know what's up with that. It's like she doesn't want me out of her sight for one moment. Funny, really, but it is cute and very touching. Maggie is my almost constant companion. I'm OK with that. 

πŸ˜‡ The temperatures of the evening have been in the mid-20s with the wind howling here in Southeast Georgia. The heater never quits running at night. πŸ‚ That's cold for us but not all that unusual. The only draw back is the severe weather has put a cramp in my morning walks. I like to walk a circle around the whole 6 acres when possible concentrating on prayer. Gives me time to focus on God and His goodness. The news is so dark these days that I try to hold onto the hem of His garment as much as possible. He is my only comfort. 

πŸ˜‡ We took time to watch the Trump Rally in New Hampshire this weekend on YouTube. Anyone else watch it? I thought the speech was very encouraging, don't you? He's gonna hit the ground running when back in office. I make sure to pray for him, his family and his sponsors every day. Sometimes more than once a day. He's going to need it. 

πŸ˜‡ Today our brother-in-law (husband to Steve's sister) has an important appointment with the Veterans Administration concerning possible compensation for his long-term exposure to Agent Orange in Viet Nam. Please pray for him to be treated fairly? If he can receive proper compensation for all the health problems caused by his time in service, he and family should be able to move up here even faster! Wouldn't that be an extra special blessing?! We'll be on pins and needles until we receive word one way or another. It's appalling how terrible our Vet's are being treated. It's shameful. 

πŸ˜‡ Also today is my 6 week follow-up with the Orthopedics doctor concerning my "Weaver's Bottom" (Ischial Bursitis) situation. (Cute name for a pain in the butt.) πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ That first super hydrocortisone shot worked for the right side but now I can feel it worsening on my left side. 😐 Guess I need another one. It is not a pleasant prospect. It is what it is. 

πŸ˜‡ After the doctor's, if I can walk after the shot, my plans are to stop at the Hobby Lobby. The new sofa slip covers look super! They're so light and cheerful. But now the original dark green plaid felt pillows I made ages ago look out of place. So, now I want to recover them. Again. 😁 Steve just laughed. Well, it keeps me off the streets. πŸ˜‚

πŸ˜‡ Thanks for stopping by. I hope your day is blessed with lots of sunshine, happy thoughts and good memories. Keep looking up! 



Ride Safe,

3 comments:

  1. Dogs are always happy to see you! I love that you have a constant companion.
    Sorry about the pain in the butt! It sounds funny but I know it has to be quite draining.
    Praying things go well for Steve's brother. My son is a vet and I agree that it's sad the way they are treated sometimes.
    You made me laugh with your pillow story. We just got new blinds for our living room window. Now I told Bob that for some reason the curtains look yellowed and just not right. He laughed too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Macie Ann does the same thing as Maggie! And the older she gets (10-1/2) the more pronounced it's become. (She's not a rescue, yet she and her litter mate, Grace, are total opposites.)
    I'm honored to hold your BIL in my prayers ... together with Mr. Trump and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cats follow me everywhere like they might miss something. Our pets are all funny and loving and special. Praying for all as requested. Do please keep us posted. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell