Saturday, January 6, 2024

Miscellaneous Thoughts

 


😁 It's currently 65* with the humidity at 85%. The walls in the carport are drenched in moisture. It actually appears to be body sweat. This is what happens when it warms up in the Southeast. My hair is super fine and naturally curly and if I don't plaster it down, this is what I look like! πŸ˜… I want a straight, combed, neat coiffure.

My hair:


Also, Steve's back is aching from the temperature change. We were planning on driving around the tri-county area in search of homes For Sale to assist Steve's little sister and her family in their move. Their plans are to quit southern Florida sometime in the "near future" to be near us. I think instead of looking for any specific house or land we'll only check out the areas they have expressed interest in to make sure it would be pleasing to them [like nothing noisy next door, etc.]. Even though I want to put them in a specific spot I've got to remember this is their dream, not ours. It will be up to them to make the ultimate decisions concerning the move. They believe in Jesus too and know to pray, ask God, go with His guidance, not ours. When it's right it'll happen. Nothing will stop it. We may want them in a specific place at a specific time but we need to all trust Jesus to show them and us the way. 

But I am still super excited!! I have to resist every temptation to take control of it all! πŸ˜‚ I enjoy looking at property and land. I'm also learning a lot about this place we've been living in for over 30 years. It's just fun.

I hope everyone is having a less fuzzy day with loving friends and family all around. 

7 comments:

  1. When I lived on the coast, my hair would frizz. In a drier climate with low humidity, I haven’t seen my hair frizz in many years. You know, us girls are never happy with our hair!

    How exciting to have family moving nearby. Even I’m getting excited to hear about it. We’re not moving so I always enjoy the adventures of others who move. Well except for the packing. I get resisting the urge to take over. Let’s just say I’ve had an issue a time or two in my past. I’m trying hard to not be so bossy.

    Nice visiting with you on this Saturday. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hair is so straight, it never frizzes. Just lays flat on my head... :) and that's not good either!
    I like your frizzy purple guy at the end.
    I totally get your excitement and wanting to help find the right place. Maybe one you find will be it - and as you said, God has a plan and his way will be the right one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my hair and yours are related, Pam. After 73 years, however, I've finally found a product that makes it stay in place without feeling like a sticky helmet.

    I remember my own excitement about planning a long-distance move (here). We/I did my own looking via realtor.com and Zillow, but oh my, how things look different when one actually sees them up close and personal. Let's just say, our realtor had the patience of Job, deserving of a crown for keeping her mouth shut. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a wet start to our day here, but the rain blew on through and by 10:00 a.m. it was sunny and dry and less humid. My hair used to be more curly and frizzy, but it seems to have straightened itself out in my old age, and I wish some of that curl would come back! I am happy for you to have family looking to move near you. I would be out looking at everything in a 10 mile radius. I love to look at houses/property, etc., especially if it's not my money I'm spending. LOL. I know God has just the right place for them and in HIS time it will appear and everything will fall right into place. but still it doesn't hurt to keep looking! Gives you something to do! Enjoy the search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say God gave us our hair to remind us we are NOT in control! LOL
    How exciting that you've got family wanting to move closer to you! I'd have a hard time being more hands-off, too. I love looking a properties. I probably should have been a real estate agent. Ha! Praying it all works out and everyone will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever since moving back here to Fl I have had issues, anyways, I now use a product called Potion 9 by Sebastian, you can get it generic too from Sally's. It's a leave in conditioner and smells like oranges. I sure hope Steve's back will be feeling better soon, and how exciting for your family to be moving closer, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am giggling about your hair. Mine is also a frizzy mess when the humidity is high... or just pretty much any weather and any day. HA!! Keep us posted about the search for Steve's little sister's new home. Have a blessed week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell