Friday, September 7, 2012

2012 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

2012 Suzuki V-Strom DL650

Ain't she a beut!?

This week I traded the brand new 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE for another "Wee Strom". Even after many adjustments to the "Bonney" (Hagon Classic Shocks, a more comfortable Sargent seat, handlebar risers, etc.), I couldn't get comfortable. That last ride I took on the Bonney my neck was in so much pain that it took over a week to get off the muscle relaxers and pain killers again. That's plain silly! I'm too old for this. So, we began the negotiating process, again, for another motorcycle.

You know, my husband is so thoughtful. He never even made a fuss about my not being able to ride the Bonney. Truthfully, he couldn't ride it comfortably either. He said his hip hurt after a short spin too. I guess we're just Adventure Bike people at heart.

By the way, he's still loving his used Moto Guzzi Breva 1100. But after bringing home my new bike this week, he now says that a Wee Strom may be in his future. This is one cool guy! :)

Now, I get the fun part of tweaking my new ride. I have to install "dog bones" (to lower it). I'll need hand guards, new luggage, etc. etc. Hey, I'm just doing my small part to keep the economy rolling. *giggle*

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad you could trade. Did you go back up to north GA to do business?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one was purchased much closer to home. We have a wonderful Suzuki dealership called Beach Blvd Motorsports in Jacksonville, FL (2 hrs south of our home).
    Thanks for stopping by Maple! Y'all have a great weekend. Luv ~:))

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell