Saturday, June 13, 2009

We Had A Long Way To Go And A Short Time To Get There

"Did anyone order a Biker Gang?"

This is outside the Wagon Wheel Restaurant in Dahlonega before The Big Ride that day. The restaurant has been in business since at least the 1970s.

This was nice mini-vacation in the mountains. The air is cool and crisp, the landscape beautiful, the rides exhilarating and the natives are friendly. Some of those hairpin turns in the mountains with 15 mph speed limits posted are heart pumping (they're not kidding either, better slow down with those decreasing radius' - yahoo!!!).

The only 'bad' part was the ride up and back. It was nasty, stinky, yuck, pooey *HOT*! I think for the remainder of our vacations this year we will stick with riding in 'cages' (car/truck) or wait until Fall for anymore 2 wheel excursions. It was great though and I'm glad we went.

I'm going to invent a T-shirt that says "I survived riding 2 wheels in Georgia in June" or something like that. [lol]

Steve, me, Rebecca and her husband Tom,
Barbara "Bebe" and husband Dennis "Pappy"

We met Barbara for the first time this trip. She is as sweet as Georgia ice tea and sharp as a tack. I really like her.

One thing I've learned as I age, is to enjoy and treasure all my friends more. You never know when you may never get to see them again. And all my friends are such fun to be around. :o)

Well, enjoy the photos y'all! Thanks for stopping by.


Click on each photo to enlarge and/or
make the scrolling stop
or click here to go to MyPhotoAlbum.


8 comments:

  1. Hooray! That sounds like a GREAT T shirt idea! Holy Moly! I didn't even think about the heat when you first mentioned it.. Whenever Francois says it's hot I sort of just snort... He doesn't KNOW what 90 percent humidity is! Glad that you're home safe and sound! Blessings Sparky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smiles say it all! Glad you didn't melt in your heat and made the trip without incidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wondered how the heat affects one when riding on a motorcycle... I knew it couldn't be good. Thanks for sharing the photos and Glad you had fun! I need a tee shirt that says I barely survive summer in SC in a minivan with AC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been to the Wagon Wheel in 20 years! I'm glad you all had a chance to be together. I can just imagine what a great trip that will be to repeat in the Autumn. Thanks for sharing the great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie ~ Hey, WE know summer heat growing up in Alabama (you)/Florida (me), don't we?!! I really think the T-shirt would sell!

    Lanny ~ I felt like a melted popcicle after all that and just as sticky. [lol] I never showered so much in my life.

    Margo ~ I hear ya on that. We had a mini-van with dual A/C once. Boy, that was NICE!! Maybe I should invent an A/C suit to wear instead?? :o)

    Mildred ~ We will return when it's cooler but we're also gonna tow the bikes up on the trailer. My hiney just can't take about 270 miles of pounding pavement anymore. I ain't as young as I used to be.

    Miles of smiles coming y'alls way! :o))) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister and her Man like to ride their bike but like you she prefers the car in summer time - cool air conditioning. ha ha Looks like you all had a ball though and you made a memory at the Wagon Wheel too! How fun that looks, wish I was there.

    I'll check back later to see any updates you do for the Inspector Generals... interesting, we'll probably hear more about it after the weekend is over and the news stations uncover the dirty deed.

    Have a great day and make some potato salad, the easy way. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never mind. I found the photos. Those were great. It reminded me that my camera is still on the bike. I'll take care of that as soon as I finish here. We had a great time. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texican ~ Glad you found the photos Pappy. We had a wonderful time too! We must do these things more often ... but only when it's cooler. (wiping sweat off my brow) Whew! :o)

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell