Monday, November 10, 2008

Redneck Picnic

Since I am freaking out that Maxie is under the knife this morning to have that lump removed from her chest, we decided to go garbage collecting on our dirt road. Sometimes I tire of picking up after the Pig People that live here but I hate looking at a trashy road.

Whilst being Good Bee's, we chanced upon the remains of a redneck picnic ...

... which consists of a case of Bud Light beer ...


... and yet another 'case' of empty Moon Pies!

We have such classy Pig People as neighbors.

For those of you uneducated in the ways of The South, a Moon Pie is really just a s'more wrapped and packaged for a quick buck. Moon pie's have been around forever and a day. Eating Moon Pie is a tradition here, like putting peanuts in our coke (the drink not the ... well, you know!). Anyway, not sure what a s'more is either? Doggone it y'all ... do I have to teach you everything!? [lol] A s'more is short for "Give me some more!". It's two graham crackers with a Hershey chocolate bar and marshmallow melted on a stick over an open fire, then squished into the middle. They are so yummy! We used to make s'more's while sitting around the campfire in Brownies and Girl Scouts. I also learned how to fry an egg on a used tin can over an open flame. Something I have never found useful in real life, but, there you are.

I was going to drill this little guy as to who the trashy perp's where but he wasn't making much sense. I guess I'll have to wait until he's sober for more questions.

So, we came home after all that hard work and had our dinner (lunch to you 'yankees') of fried baloney with melted cheese, macaroni and cheese, and speckled butter beans.

The only hard part was figuring out what wine goes with baloney. ♥ ∞

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I haven't had a moon pie in ages. lol Makes me want one now. My husband would love your dinner. After we were married I was cooking what I grew up on (Mexican food) and he said one night I am just so tired of Mexican food. lol He asked if I could cook him some butter beans and corn bread. I was like huh? I am a pro at butter beans and corn bread now though :). Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hilarious picnic, I must say. So really, dinner is lunch? What is your evening meal called then?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Valerie - Moon pies are soooo good! [drool] Looks like I've found a kindred spirit. :o))

    Hi Janeen - We call the evening meal supper. By the by, thanks for your kind words. Maxie is finished with the surgery, and home recovering. Turns out I did a good thing taking her when I did, the bump on her leg (forgot to mention that one) could have led to cancer! YIPES! The one on the chest was just fatty tissue. Anyway, she is well and eating like a horse ... eh, dog. :o))

    ((Hugs)) ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your adventure and I'm glad Maxie is recovering. Thanks for visiting my corner. Good dinner menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, MOON Pies, I LOVE them. It was probably my box, sorry.. Hope your dog feels better. :) Please stop by my blog and pick up a surprise...

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell