Monday, June 10, 2024

Monday Musings

This past week and weekend has been quiet for us. It's only been running errands, buying groceries, housework, and so forth. The Wednesday ministry at the Rehab Center went well. There's still quite a few residents showing up. It's lots of fun and I'm making new friends with some there. After the service and before leaving all the Church members try to walk through the group to pray and chat. I highly recommend this type of ministry for anyone looking for some way to share the Gospel and help others. This edifies me too. So I'm sitting here in my nice air conditioned home, counting my blessings that things could be a whole lot different and not for the better. Thank you Lord for these blessings and more. 
Have y'all noticed that as we age we mark our days by medical events? These type of medical things seem to happen with more frequency with each passing birthday. 

Last Friday the silliest thing happened. I was walking across the yard, on level ground mind you, and felt my right ankle go *snap*, then there was this burning pain. Ouch! Seems I sprained my ankle simply walking!? What?! It's not super bad, only annoying. I'm resting it, elevating the ankle, putting ice on it, then wrapping it gently so I can walk a little. I feel confused. Don't know how this happened. At any rate at least my Dislocated Finger is improving every day. I can almost bend it like before. I've been using a small soft stress ball to exercise the whole hand. That works wonders.

The motorbikes are now officially on the market [Craigslist].Craigslist now charges $5 to sell a vehicle. Guess they had to because of the rampant inflation. Anyway, please pray that the bikes will sell? Thanks my friends. This is so hard for us to do but it's time. Just can't take the chance of a catastrophic fall, you know? *sigh* It hurts though. I'll get over it. I always do. Oh, and I am going to keep all my gear, you know, "just in case" I can ever get back into it. One can hope!  πŸ˜
Hang on Brothers and Sisters in Christ! We're getting ever so much closer to that glorious day! 

Thanks for stopping by. I pray everyone has a wonderful, courageous in Christ, prosperous week. 
πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™πŸ™πŸ’™


22 comments:

  1. I really can identify with that calendar full of doctors' appointments. Between Danny and me, they seem to mount up every month. As we both know, aging is NOT for sissies, and we do need Jesus' strength more than ever as we get older physically. Sorry to hear about your ankle, but praying it will heal as fast as your finger has.
    Blessings, Sparky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers! I'm feeling so much better today. And I see that Danny is better too?! Yay! God is so good. πŸ’™

      Delete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your ankle. Stepping wrong can happen quite unexpectedly. Praying it heals quickly and that your cycles sell quickly as well. Its sad to see things change as we get older but, sometimes I wonder if there isn't something else coming in it's place. I don't know but I like to think so. Stay out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right, there will be something else take it's place. Thanks for the prayers! πŸ’™

      Delete
  3. Oh Sparky, I'm sorry about your ankle. I've done things like that too and wondered how in the world it happened. Praying for healing and also for the bikes to sell - and then for peace about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayers. I am feeling much better today. God is good! πŸ’™

      Delete
  4. Oh my Dear... you have got to stop wounding yourself like that!
    Ouch...Praying you will heal quickly and be back to your "good" self again.
    Sorry about selling the bikes and hope they will sell quickly.
    Stay cool
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There you are! I agree, I do need to stop hurting myself. *lol* Thanks for the prayers. πŸ’™

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about your ankle! Wow! That was weird! I guess our bodies are telling us something...slow down and enjoy the beauty around us. Sometimes that's all we can do... I do hope it will heal quickly and that you will be back to "normal" (whatever that is) soon. Glad your church is still doing the ministry at the rehab center. I am sure those folks are thankful that you come. And I saw where you are selling the bikes...praying you get them sold quickly and that you get the price you want. I know it is hard to let go of things we enjoy and love, but yes, especially as we get older some things just aren't "wise" anymore. I know you will miss the ride, but God will bless you in other ways. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow down? What's that? *lolol* True, I did, I will. I am feeling much better today but Steve made me promise not to get crazy with it. He knows me soooo well. Still no nibbles on the bikes. Only heard from spammers on Craigslist. I really wish "they" would do something about those people. *sigh* πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. Yep, I'm right there with you -- facing another month of doctor visits. Aging in America's not what I once imagined.

    That's so curious about your sprained ankle. Did it just suddenly turn sideways? When I was young my parents had to buy me special shoes with steel inserts to keep that from happening. Praying you recover quickly AND the bikes find a new happy home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was walking in a straight line on level ground with sturdy shoes. It's a mystery to me. Something did occur to me this morning, though, I wonder if I'm under a Satanic attack because of the ministry. Does happen, you know. We must be reaching someone that needs comfort and/or to hear the Gospel. Please keep praying for the message to keep being shared whether it's through us or someone else! Thanks. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. My heart hurts for you having to sell your bikes. Getting older ain't for sissies. Sorry for your crazy sprained ankle. Take care of yourself, Pamela!! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri. I know it sounds over dramatic but it is difficult for both of us to part with this part of our lives. Oh, well, could be worse you know. We'll keep moving forward and praying for guidance that God may be glorified. Amen?! Love to you too. Don't work too hard. πŸ’™

      Delete
  8. Oh my on the sprained ankle. Freak accident. There have been times I have got out of bed and hurt some body part. Crazy. Usually as random as it happened, healing come quick. Just little reminders to slow down, watch our step, and don’t spring out of bed in the morning.
    I’m sorry that you’re selling your bikes. That must be hard.
    So relax, put your feet up and read a good book. That doesn’t sound so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess my springing days are coming to an end. Speaking of books, I need to find another one as intriguing as God's Smuggler. I've finished it and am now at lose ends. I feel incomplete without a good book to read. πŸ’™

      Delete
  9. prayers prayed for sprain and bike sale, just now.. every 10 years we turn over things happen more. i turned 70 and have been on a down hill slide with health issues and now 3 month from 80 and oh my.. each day is something new. Bob is another whole thing since he is 4 months from 88. I knee snapped like your ankle about 3 days ago, not the ball part the side of the knee, I am struggling to walk and I was doing nothing. I think it might be related to the storm we had during the night and more on the way for the rest of the week. even the dog is walking like he hurts and so is Bob. I am blaming on Mr, Arthur and the storms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry y'all are having so much trouble. I wondered where you've been! This is why I try to remember to pray for all my blogging buddies 'cause we never know what each other are having to deal with.
      I giggled at the "Mr. Arthur" because I had a Grandma that used to say she was tired of living with Arthur Itis. Mum Mum was such a hoot. *lol* I miss her a lot. πŸ’™

      Delete
  10. I do understand doctor appointments!!!!!!!!!! I am sure sorry now about your ankle. I am also sad you have to get rid of your beloved bikes - but I understand and hope they sell! Get well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay...where are all of my comments going? I wrote one to you yesterday and I seem to be "missing in Action"
    I will hit notify me this time and see if comments go through.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is odd!! I went and "approved" it. Blogger ... *rolling my eyes* Sorry that happened and thanks for letting me know. πŸ’™

      Delete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell