Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Welcome May And Catching Up

 

That was nice to take a little breather from many social media's. After awhile they begin to "own" you body and soul if one isn't careful. 

It's been so terribly busy here at Red Bird Acres: planting, gardening, yardwork, clearing more land, and so forth. You'd think we owned 20 acres the way I've found so much to do! (There's "only" 6 1/2 acres.) 😁 This is my hobby for now, until the health can no longer support the desire. God is good to have blessed us with a pleasant, quiet, tranquil, safe area to live in. Oh, it has it's non-plus's too but I try not to go there, like, the warmer weather brings out the biting bugs. πŸ˜₯ One simply wears the appropriate cover ups and carries on. And I could definitely do without whomever the neighbor(s) is that keeps littering our beautiful countryside. 

There's lots of birds either migrating through or here to stay for the Season. This year, we have at least one nesting pair of Summer Tanager on our property! (below) When the resident Mockingbird allows, they are scarfing up the Mulberry fruit. The tree is huge this year. It's gorgeous. I'm going to try to find another Mulberry to plant near this one. That spot must be just dandy for fruit trees. 

Summer Tanager (male)
Summer Tanager (female)

Our View Off The Back Deck

There are only a few Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at the moment but I expect more will arrive soon. They do love all the Red and Purple Salvia's that are planted along the back deck and in pots. The veg's are taking their own sweet time but we did get to harvest one Zucchini. I'll be glad when they all ripen so we can have them all through the Summer. 

Maggie and Sam
Jack in better days
All three of the brats (dogs) are still with us. Jack is not doing well, though. He's always had poor health. His digestive system is messed up or something. It seems to be catching up with him. Now the frequent vomiting and poor eating habits seems to be affecting his mind. I watch him walking down the hallway to get to one of his beds but now he stops mid-stride and acts confused. Earlier today he was digging at the basket of toys I have for them. He was acting as if his mind was vacant and troubled. I guess he's in pain somewhere. Poor dear. The Vet is mystified too. Could be simply old age. I'll keep him as comfortable as possible for as long as possible. All my fur-babies are so precious to me.

That's it for today. We're off to the Big City to get our weekly sugar-free frozen frappe's. Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone has a lovely remainder of the day. Keep looking up because The Rapture gets closer every day! 

Ride Safe, SparkyπŸ’™

12 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back in Blogdom...thanks for commenting on my blog. Aww your poor pooch. So sorry to hear all about his troubles.
    Our Mulberry is starting to do its thing and the birds are getting a bit "loopy". I think maybe its a summer tanager that I am seeing flit in and out among the branches. They move so quickly that I can't photograph them.
    I hear you on the yard work..yes it is truly work and we are only half done. This old body runs out of "steam" so fast.
    Enjoy your jaunt to "the Big City" and that frappe..sounds good.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to watch our beloved pets age and be unable to truly help them. The last dog I had was a Norfolk terrier whose elderly owners could no longer care for. Her name was Maggie!
    Blessings to you and yours, and thanks for the prayers for Danny. He is in the midst of his heart ablation as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are soon to use up all the mulberries. We do need another tree I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home sounds like such a tranquil oasis -- a retreat if you will, far from the ugliness which exists almost everywhere we turn. Even the birds seem to think so! I'm glad to hear Jack doesn't seem to be in any pain. Our fur babies give us so much affection, the least we can do is keep them comfortable for as long as possible. πŸ’›

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, 20 acres would be a lot to keep up. Your bird photos are gorgeous. After my sister and I left home, my folks sold their house in California, went to my dad's hometown in Tennessee, and bought a house with 12 acres. They paid cash for it. It was a nice house, but then Dad had bypass surgery and couldn't keep up with the house and property, so they sold out again...and moved back to California.
    My husband and I always wished we had property, but I honestly do not believe we could maintain it. Sometimes, it's hard to maintain what we have here in this subdivision.
    Then again, my grandparents had property and maintained it into their old age. I don't know how they did that! Just heartier back then than we are.
    I'm sorry to hear about Jack. It's so hard when they get old. I totally get how precious they are to you. We feel the same way about Laydee and Susie the cat. They are our babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely! You have such a beautiful piece of paradise there! I know it is a lot of hard work, but you've made it so lovely and a place to totally enjoy, when the hard work is done for the day! Love the Tanagers...so pretty. So those are mulberries? I thought they were blackberries. No wonder the tanagers come there! What a delightful treat for them!! Praying for your sweet doggie. I know it hurts to see them getting older and not well. (((hugs))) Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us. This was a delightful. Glad you are back from your hiatus!! We need to see your smiling face now and then!! Take care, from one Pamela to another!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pups are so sweet and poor Jack sounds like our Jake, he had trouble seeing and had doggy dementia, his constant pacing kept me in tears. I finally forced my husband to let me take him and put him out of his misery. he was old and blind and miserable and i would want myself put down if i were that way.. his digestive system was bad also. so sorry about Jack.
    you do have a beautiful paradise and it takes a lot of work to keep paradise beautiful. since we are ancient and can't do anything but live, i would be lost without blogging every day.. TV is a NO and I can only read so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I sure hope you are feeling better soon ❣️

      Delete
  8. I have another friend in the same situation - it is almost growing season - and there is a lot of clean up and getting ready for.
    So do you have 3 dogs? Jack, Maggie and Sam? I hope Jack starts doing better. I love Jack Russell's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yes, that's their names. 😍 Jack and Sam are broth from the same litter. Sam is aging well but Jack was not blessed with good health. Maggie is a Fiest we rescued from the side of the road one cold October day. She's my sweetheart 😘 The smartest dog πŸ• I've ever owned. Follows me everywhere. ❤️

      Delete
  9. I'm so sorry your sweet Jack is having problems. It is so hard when your fur babies get sick and start showing their age. Your homestead looks so peaceful and pretty!! God is good!!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell