Thursday, May 2, 2024

Thursday Thoughts

 

I'm sure that almost everyone who follows or reads my blog is a praying Christian. I can tell. Thank you for being a Prayer Warrior. We need to suit up, have courage, and keep our lamps trimmed. The days are growing darker and we're closer to when Jesus will take His Church outta the way then all h*ll will break loose. Literally. I pray for those that will be left behind. As our Pastor once so rightly said, there will be no good people left. You think it's dangerous now ... 

The temperature was still pleasant earlier today, so, I took my ride out for a spin. Steve needed the engine warmed up to do an oil change. I was happy to oblige! Our dirt road was already getting dangerously sandy. Plus someone had decided that the little dirt intersection between us and the pavement would make a good spot to spin donuts with their 4 wheeler. 😑 (Don't get me started on how I feel about 4 wheelers ... it's not fit to print.) We need rain again to pack it all down.
She's getting all purdied up. πŸ˜‰
Now I'm ready for more riding. Steve's pretty red & silver NC750X is to the right. 

Whilst Steve was being a good little Do Bee, 🐝 I went to the barber shop to get a haircut. Yeah, our local barber does ladies cuts too. How cool is that!? She does a good job. 

I finished reading "Lily's Promise" by Lily Ebert, a Jewish Holocaust survivor. I think I enjoyed "The Hiding Place" by Corrie ten Boom more because she is a Christian. Anyone have any suggestions about what to read next? I like history, British history & mysteries, and almost anything that doesn't have vulgarity. Also, Christian publications can be good. Beth Moore has a couple that I enjoyed. 

I think that'll be it for me for the day. We may laz around on the back deck πŸŒΊ to enjoy the flowers and watch the bird's again, if it's not too humid with scads of biting bugs. 🦟 I do have a fan there but it's so noisy with it running I can't hear the bird's! Kinda defeats the purpose.

Whatchy'all doin' today? Hope it's something pleasant and edifying. πŸ€— Remember, Jesus loves you. I'm so thankful for your friendship.

Thanks for stopping by.  
πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•πŸ™πŸ’•

10 comments:

  1. I loved the Hiding Place as well and saw it in a play form.

    I totally agree about being left behind. People think that it is bad now - WAIT! I think the time is drawing nearer and nearer myself. People don't want to follow God because it is really hard - it takes a lot of self-denial to follow Him - but it is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Following Him is so worth it. πŸ’™

      Delete
  2. I'm rejoicing this day as Danny is home from the hospital and doing so well. Thanks again for all your prayers, my friend!
    The best book I read about God at work in our lives was "Faith Still Moves Mountains" by Harris Faulkner. I passed this one on to my daughter to read. I don't think you will be disappointed!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pull that up on Amazon and read the reviews. Thanks! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ And I rejoice with you that Danny is doing ok. God always answers prayer according to His will. He is so loving and merciful. Amen! πŸ™ŒπŸ™❣️

      Delete
  3. I'm thankful for your friendship too, and for your Christian blog as well. I agree on being left behind. I can't imagine what the world will be like then.
    Enjoy those bike rides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for your friendship, as well!! And we are also in-person acquaintances!! It was so fun meeting you and your Steve for dinner. We need to work on doing it again one of these days! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thankful for YOU and your testimony of faith. We are definitely watching the "eastern skies", just waiting for Jesus to step out on the clouds and call us homeward. I really don't think it's going to be much longer. Things are really ramping up. Praying for our nation to wake up before it's too late. I don't have any particular books that I can recommend at this time. I mostly ready for relaxation, but I always choose Christian authors. I don't like to get embarrassed or upset by what I am reading! I mostly read Christian fiction. The real stuff is too scary these days! LOL. Enjoy your rides while the weather holds out. It's getting way too hot too fast to suit me! Take care my friend and seize the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m glad I met you through our blogs. Connecting with other Christians is what makes blogging more fun.
    As for books - I can’t recommend any. I’m doing a revelations Bible study daily on an app on my phone called WordGo. It’s simple and Is getting me prepared for the bigger more in depth study this Fall. So the only Christian books I am reading are concordances, and commentaries! Oh and my genealogy research book!
    This evil world is a mess. I believe we’re in End Times but even the disciples thought they were in the end times so I don’t know. All I do know is we have to ready, spread the Word and PRAY.
    Sweet blessings to you and your husband. 😘

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too! "Thankful for your friendship" that is. How cool is Blogland! (Providing we choose our neighbors carefully.)
    Right now? I'm holed up in the office with the dogs while the DISH network man's here. Poor guy probably drew the short straw on account given our history, our name most likely has a big RED mark next to it. "Proceed with caution" lololol.
    Wishing y'all a very blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell