Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sunday Stealing: Music

 


 Stolen from PinInterest (Original here)

Name a song that ...

🎼 1. You enjoy, in another language.  "Eres Tu" by Mocedades

"Eres Tu" means "You Are". Below are the Lyrics in English: 

Like a promise, you are, you are...
like a summer morning.
Like a smile, you are, you are [to me]
That's how, that's how, you are [that's how I perceive you]
 
You are like my hope, you are, you are... [to me]
like a fresh rain in my hands.
Like a strong breeze, you are, you are [to me]
That's how, that's how, you are [that's how I perceive you]
 
You are the water of my fountain
You are the warmth in my home
You are ...
You are something like, ohhhh
Like the fire in my fireplace (something like the fire from my fireplace)
You are ...
(You are something like, ohhhh)
The wheat in my bread
My love, you are something like that
 
Like my poem, you are, you are [to me]
Like a guitar in the night,
you are all my horizon, you are [to me]
That's how, that's how, you are [that's how I perceive you]
 
You are the source of my water
You are the warmth in my home
You are (You are something like, ohhhh)
Like the fire in my fireplace (something like the fire from my fireplace)
You are (You are something like, ohhhh)
The wheat of my bread (my love, you are something like that).
You are...

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/eres-tu-you-are.html

🎼 2. Recently introduced you to a new singer.  There is no modern music I care for, that I can think of. They were playing some kind of crap music in Ace Hardware the other day. I had to leave it was so awful. 

🎼 3. You listen to to energize.  Symphony No. 9 (Beethoven) or New World Symphony (Dvorak)

🎼 4. Is your favorite song from a musical.  "On The Street Where You Live" from My Fair Lady. 

🎼 5. Reminds you of an old love.  "(They Long To Be) Close To You" by Karen Carpenter

🎼 6. Make you think of one of your children.  Never been blessed in that respect. πŸ˜Š

🎼 7. Makes you smile when you hear it.  "Moon River". It reminds me of when I tried to learn the guitar because it was one of the lessons I was given to learn. I didn't do well so gave up. My talents followed other paths. 

🎼 8. You love but is quite unknown.  "I Only Have Eyes For You" by Art Garfunkel. For me, his version is the absolute best. His voice is as sweet as honey.  

🎼 9. That annoys you.  "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". Ugh. Can not stand that song.  😱

🎼 10. That your parents used to listen to.  My step-mom, Myra, liked listening to Polka, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass, Roy Clark (the best guitar player ever), those types of genre. I 'inherited' my love for good tunes from her. Myra's favorite song was "Last Dance" by Floyd Cramer. Every time I hear it now I tear up. I do miss her terribly. She's the only Mother I remember.  πŸ’Œ

🎼 11. From your early years of childhood. πŸ’“ (see #7 and #10)

🎼 12. That has a color in the title.  "Blue Clear Sky" by George Strait. 

🎼 13. That needs to be played loud.  "Drivin' My Life Away" by Eddie Rabbitt (1980). I still like his tunes. It's a shame he passed away so young. 

🎼 14. That is perfect for a road trip.  That depends on what mood I'm in: might be soft rock, or Classical, or Old Hymns or 70s-80s Country or Rock-A-Billy. If I'm with my husband there's no music because we talk. 

🎼 15. That reminds you of yourself.  "Sister Golden Hair" by America also "Running On Empty" by Jackson Browne. We're about the same age. Gotta go now because I wanna hop on my motorbike and pop some rooster tails down our old dirt road ... bet I still can.  πŸ˜„πŸ️

Thanks for stopping by. I hope your Sunday is lovely. πŸ’“

16 comments:

  1. #1 is easy, The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion, Anything Andrea sings melts my heart.. even though i understand none of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for helping me remember so many of these songs. I was definitely suffering from brain fade when I did this! LOL Love ya Sweetie. 😍πŸ₯°

      Delete
  3. This was fun - a trip back in time with music.
    You last question made me think of the Beatles song - When I'm 65. I remember hearing it when I was younger, and now I'm approaching that age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sparky, for the smiles. Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, but I can so relate to most of your choices! I used to have that Art Garfunkle song. And while I've no specific memories associated with Last Dance, it's always apt to make me tear up.
    So many selections, so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sister Golden Hair is a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of the New World symphony too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took one look and skipped it this week. You answered these so well!! How fun. Wishing you blessings in the week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beethoven's Ninth has always been a favorite of mine. Now, if I listen to music at all, it's usually Country, and I so love the old classics. Gospel music is wonderful, too.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband and I had a Honda GoldWing for several years. Our son and his family live in Columbus, Georgia. And I, too, love Jesus and read the Bible every morning. So we have a few things in common.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I once played a little bit of the New World Symohony on my trombone. I haven't played a trombone for over 40 years though.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, I don't even know a lot of those songs! I must be really old. LOL. But when you mentioned "Last Dance" by Floyd Cramer, that really touched a chord with me too. I do remember that one, from my older siblings and their music days, as they were teenagers during the late 50's and early 60's, just before me, and I enjoyed all their music that they loved. That was one I really remember for some reason! But now, why don't you like "The Lion Sleeps tonight?" In the jungle, the mighty jungle the lion sleeps tonight? Is it the "awema way awema way a wema way" that you don't like? (or whatever they were saying!) LOL. I remember that song very well for some reason. Hush my darling, don't fear my darling, the lion sleeps tonight..." Now I am listening to it! Thank you for making me remember it. Now I won't be able to get it out of my head. LOL. I enjoyed your post. Sorry about that song...LOL. Have a good night my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, that Floyd Cramer song is actually "Last Date", not dance, I just found out. I thought it was dance too. I'm listening to that now too. Thanks!!

      Delete
    2. The tune annoys me for some reason. What an earworm! lolol

      Delete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell