Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


Good morning friends!


Today is starting out blustery and overcast. Southeast Georgia is bracing for a big cold front that's expected to pass through possibly by mid-day. Right now it's giving Alabama what-for. There's been such a brouhaha about the storm that the local Governments shut down all the Schools. Usually these things play out before they reach the Georgia coast. I'm getting tired of all the fuss over weather. It seems like every time the wind blows or it rains or some natural occurring weather event is anticipated, the news tries to ensue wide spread panic. Cheese and crackers people what a big fuss over something we have no control over. Good grief. Well, whatever happens, praying for a hedge of protection around all of us. At least our property is fairly well sheltered. When we were first clearing the acreage in 1993 I had them leave a majority of mature trees. I did it mostly for protection from sun but also from wind. The heavily forested areas encourage wildlife and offer us much welcome shade in the sweltering Summer heat. The temperatures do get brutal here from about July to mid-September. 


My heart is breaking today about losing another friend. Yesterday I learned that I lost a dear internet friend of almost 25 years last Thanksgiving and didn't even know it. I wondered why she hadn't wished me Merry Christmas nor Happy New Year. Like usual, I lost track of the time. Jan and I have been "pen pals" since the early days of internet in the late 90s. Even though we never met face-to-face we were still good friends. Jan was really sweet, intelligent, funny gal (note the T-shirt ... what a hoot!) who loved the Lord. Jan originally hailed from Texas. She was a true Southern Lady in every respect. Thanks to her kindness I learned a lot about website design back when all this computer stuff was still new. I felt so muddled all the time with the strange language these things spawned. 

When we first met Jan lived in Washington State. Sadly, her husband of many years became very ill and passed away in 2010. The winters and other factors became too much for her so she and her family sold everything and moved to a resort town in Barra de Navidad, Mexico. They lived on a sailboat! How exciting, right?! She's so brave. I could never do that as I get really sea sick. I'm a poor sailor. Give me flat, stable land anytime! 

I'll miss our on-line chats about web design, our faith, family and life in general. Jan was so much more clever about these things than I am. At least I know one day soon we'll all be rejoicing at the feet of Jesus together forever and will never have to say Goodbye again. ❤ 

Oh, Glorious Day.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry about the loss of your dear friend, happy for her, that her journey on this earth is over and she's now in the presence of God. We had a bad storm come through yesterday, dark skies, high wind gust and lots of rain. Nature got a good bath and a good drink♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad y'all are safe. Prayers that it all stays that way. I think you live in Alabama or thereabouts? That State always gets the brunt of these storms. It is so windy today! That's true rain does clean the woodlands and replenish the water tables. Always a good thing. Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by. Blessings. xx

      Delete
  2. I agree about the big to do about every storm that comes. Right now our weathermen are talking like crazy about this winter storm that's supposed to come today. But they do this every time and half the time it fizzles.
    I did hear it's crazy down there, praying you'all stay safe!
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. I'm so thankful for the knowledge of her faith and that you will see her in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend; but how richer your life for having 'known' her. And she, you! I really shouldn't giggle, but that t-shirt is a stitch!
    For some reason, yesterday's weather had me feeling enormously unsettled. Determined not to be caught unawares, I spent the night dozing on the loveseat -- and my back is paying the price this morning. In spite of our yard being under water, I'm mighty thankful the high winds didn't do any damage.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell