Friday, January 26, 2024

Friday Fotos

πŸ“Έ Welcome to Friday Fotos. Not too many this week. Just a few from around the yard because the weather has been so odd for January:  hot, humid, and rainy. The unusual warmth is causing the wildflowers to pop open and the buds to set. Not a good thing as when we do get another freeze, and we will, the bud's will be nipped off and there will be fewer flowers by the time we have a real Spring. Anyway, this week we've mostly only run errands for groceries, met with our financial advisor (it's not as impressive as that seems), attended Church, etc. Nothing earth shattering. 

πŸ“Έ Enjoy the tour around our Estate. 

Heavy dew hanging off the Red Cedar branches.
I wish there was sound with this too as the birds are singing to beat the band. I'm wondering if they're already pairing up? Kinda early but it can happen.


Maggie.
My almost constant companion. Little darlin'.


Mill Creek Primitive Baptist Church & Cemetery
More rain approaching. This is where our bones will rest one day if the Rapture doesn't come by then or something else happen. Steve's Mom is already there.


Mushrooms are popping up from all the moisture.


Carolina Yellow Jessamine (Gelsemium sempervirens)
A native to Southeast Georgia. They usually only bloom starting in late February. Their flowers will dot the roadsides and the sweet aroma wafts through the air. This lovely wildflower is one of our harbingers of Spring.

πŸ“Έ  I'm doing laundry, cleaning house, straightening the homestead today. After lunch we may go into the Big City. I still haven't gone to Hobby Lobby to buy felt to make the pillow covers for the new sofa slip covers. I need a project that doesn't involve work or errands. 

πŸ“Έ  May y'all have a gloriously wonderful day. Stay safe. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

13 comments:

  1. Pretty Jessamine. Pretty Maggie too. I think we are in for a soggy spring with all the rain and snow we've had so far. I hope its a blessing rather than not. I also hope you get your pillow covers made and have a lovely weekend. I am still without a bathroom.. toilet yes, shower nope. Maybe this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear the bathroom is taking so long. Hopefully that will be completed soon.
      I did get a bolt of felt to make the pillow covers. These are the type that tie along the edges then hang like tassels. No sewing. It should be easy. I just hope my hands don't cramp. πŸ₯Ή
      Have a great weekend! πŸ’–

      Delete
  2. Aw, Maggie looks like she's itching to get you to chase her.
    We're experiencing the same weird weather. Just yesterday Tom commented the standing water in the back yard ("trout stream") is the deepest he's seen in 5+ years. I could sure go for a drought right about not. (jk!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie did want to play! She's so much fun.
      I think a little dry weather would be welcome right now.
      Have a great weekend. πŸ’–

      Delete
  3. Aww Maggie is a cutie. You have a nice property.
    Same things happen here - next month is usually when things normally start blooming and the last few years, we've had our coldest temps. One year my husband bought me a cherry tree - for our anniversary in Feb and it bloomed beautifully and then we got a freeze warning and due to it being a immature tree, it died. There is always that risk. Some people start rushing to get their veggies out - I don't. It's not a competition!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Ms. Maggie Pie, such a cutie, smiles. Wishing you a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too my friend. Praying about your foot and other things. Love ya. πŸ’™

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed this tour around your area. It's so pretty and peaceful. And Maggie is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie sure has my heart. I'm so grateful sent her too me when I needed her most. HE always knows, amen?! Blessings. πŸ’™

      Delete
  6. Just found your blog. Nice pictures. I will definitely be back. I too live in Georgia. Will spend some time looking at your older blog posts. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy. I'm touched (and not in the mental way, I hope). πŸ˜‚ Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'll pop by and look at your blog too. God bless. πŸ’™

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed your photos, Pamela! Beautiful. Maggie is a sweetie!! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your photos when everything is blooming in earnest. We drove through Georgia right before Easter back in the 90's and I have never seen so many gorgeous small towns, all just dripping with blooms.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell