Saturday, January 13, 2024

Even Muddled We Can Still Be Used By Him


Sometimes I can actually put two sentences together with barely an effort to sound lucid like I’ve benefited from all the proper schooling my parents invested in. It’s unfortunate that most times I only sit here with a blank stare in front of this screen stumbling around with how to begin a blog post coherently so that I not sound like I'm 10 years old. So often I’ll start out with what I believe would be a good thought or event to share. In my thoughts I weave reasoned profundities using proper sentence structure, grammar and punctuation that would make my parents and my 4th Grade teacher proud. But other times I sit in front of this blank screen and am thwarted by that clanging monkey side of my brain making my thoughts turn into an irrational permanent adolescence. That set me to pondering, did the Prophets and other great men and women of God suffer from serious problems or hindrances in sharing His message or doing His will too? They sure did! Let’s see pick out just a few of the Prophets situations in the Holy Scriptures:

As we investigate the numerous ways in which prophets were persecuted we shall find that they divide into (1) rejection of themselves and their message, and (2) physical violence to their persons.

They were persecuted through ridicule (2 Kings 2:23, Luke 22:64, Jer 20:7); by being told to be quiet (Amos 2:12, 7:13); by unpleasant looks (Jer 1:8,17, 5:3); through accusations and having their message reported back to the authorities (Jer 18:19, 37:13, Amos 7:10, Jer 20:10); by being debarred from attending God's house (Jer 36:5); and by having their prophetic words, both spoken and written, rejected (Isa 30:10, Micah 2:6, Amos 7:12,16, Jer 36:23).

Physical violence to their persons took various forms: they were placed in the stocks (Jer 20:2); they were kept in chains (Jer 40:1); they were slapped in the face (1 Kings 22:24); they were imprisoned in cells, dungeons and cisterns (Jer 37:15-16 & 38:6) in some cases just on bread and water (1 Kings 22:27); they were threatened with death (1 Kings 19:1) while others were actually put to death (2 Chron 24:21, Jer 26:20-23).

Others were killed whose names are not recorded. Jesus gives us reason to believe there were many who made the ultimate sacrifice (Luke 11:50-51).

Source:  https://prophecytoday.uk/study/teaching-articles/item/234-persecuted-prophets.html

So, there you are. Praise God at least I haven’t had to suffer anything that drastic! I’m only muddled because I allow myself to be distracted by all the bling around me. His Holy Prophets suffered from stuttering, depression, they were tortured, beheaded, cut in two, ignored, belittled, starved, and everything else that’s horrible one can think of that we humans in our sin do to one another. Also others who have sought to follow Him have suffered all these fates but they stayed focused and kept going. It’s God’s infinite mercy and grace that the whole human race hasn’t been given over to a debased mind to digress into extinction by our own hands isn't it?! Instead He sent a perfect Saviour His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, who paid for all our sins at Calvary. Free of cost for us, but, oh, what it cost Him. All we have to do is trust and believe.  

May your day be blessed with more coherent thoughts than mine. Keep looking up dear ones because Jesus will be taking all of us who trust and believe Him outta the way of the wrath to come soon!

5 comments:

  1. Yepppppppppppppppppp...that's all I got say, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparky, I love this! I sit muddled sometimes too, but must admit I never thought about the prophets. I Kind of imagine them just writing like crazy with God pouring words into them. But I'm sure they did their fair share of praying for the right words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post and not muddled at all. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right there with you, Sparky! Yep, distraction is one of Satan's favorite tools.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You 100% hit the old nail on the head. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell