Sunday, December 31, 2023

Sunday Stealing: 2023



Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves. Original post here

1. What did you do this year that you had not done before?  Nothing really springs to mind. When motorcycling was still in vogue here in America Steve and I used to travel around to different towns to test drive new models. It's hard to find any motorcycle related businesses anymore. Sad, that.  

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions/goals for the year and will you make/set more for next year?  What are they? What are your new ones?  I don't make New Year's Resolutions or set goals. 

3. Did anyone you know give birth? Or get pregnant? I'm old. Most all my friends are old. There are no Sarai's (Abraham's Sarah) amoungst us. So, that's a "No". 

4. Did anyone you know die? Or have a serious illness?  It seems we've lost a lot of friends this year. There was one that succumbed to the devasting illness of pancreatic cancer last January. His passing still hurts. I think of his kindness often. I'll miss his phone calls about photography, birding, traveling and of the world events in general. He was a great guy. A true friend.

5. What places did you visit?  Mostly grocery shopping, doctors, Church events, and other miscellaneous errands these days. There's no extra funds for anything else of consequence at the moment. Some of the homebody contentment is age related, I'm sure. There's a sereneness about not being on the "go" all the time. We generally hang around the house performing necessary chores, reading and enjoying each other's company.

6. What would you like to have next year that you lacked this year (doesn't have to be a physical thing)?  A real President and a real Vice President would be nice. I'm praying the next one will defund all these illegal alphabet agencies as well. We are being governed by unelected citizens. Thugs running the Government is no laughing matter folks.

7. What date from this year will remain etched in your memory and why?  November 25th stands out. I was walking the perimenter of the property, praying in the Spirit about many troubling matters, especially what many innocent children are having to endure, when this happened ... 


Looks ordinary in a photo, doesn't it? It wasn't at the moment! That mid-morning I had been looking down, watching my step, deep in prayer like I said, then suddenly I felt compelled to look up because I felt Someone near. First I was struck by the beauty of the moment. I quit moving. Well, I couldn't move. It was like my knees were buggling. Then I heard inside me the Lord speaking gently through His Spirit, "Be of good cheer, I'm coming back soon." Then, the moment passed but I could still feel His presence. I snapped this photo to remember the moment of encouragment. It's my memorial stone. [kinda like in Joshua 4] I do feel encouraged! So, apparently my marching orders are to keep sharing His Gospel (the Good News) in the effort to reach as many as possible that will heed His Word. I don't want to fail in this task. For us Saints it's clear we are to not give up hope, keep sharing, witnessing, helping others and praying because when the time is right He will be removing us from the Big Trouble that's coming soon. For the lost this bespokes to get saved now because you do NOT want to be left behind! The window is rapidly closing on this Age of Grace [read a letter from Rev. Billy Graham]. Like our Pastor once said in a sermon, there won't be any nice people left behind after the Rapture. It's going to be really, really, REALLY awful here. I won't put into words what's going to happen.  Besides, eternity is but a breath away. Don't leave Earth without Him.  

8. What was your biggest achievement this year? Really, nothing earth shattering comes to mind. Oh, wait, check that, I did learn of a stretching exercise I could do at home to ease the neck/shoulder pain I've had for years that was caused by Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. There's a link to it here on YouTube. The exercises really worked for me. The pain, the constant crackling, the discomfort seems to be all gone. [knock on wood] I sleep better and can now work painfree. To God be the glory! πŸ™πŸ’–πŸ™ 

9. Did you get sick or injured? Anyone you know? No, I seldom get sick anymore since giving up sugar/carb's. I no longer suffer from the non-ending bi-annual infections (UTI's, Vaginitis, sore throats, etc.). I also don't seem to be suspectible to head colds, coronaviruses, etc. because I've been exposed often from friends and from shopping and, so far, no illness. Must be related? Steve is enjoying the same benefits since going Keto. Even the Plantar fasciitis is healed. I'm glad of that. I do love to walk. 

10. What was the best thing you bought?  Can't think of anything specifically. 

11. Where did most of your disposable income go (money leftover after you pay for food, transporation and shelter)?  Disposable? What's that, right?! Bidenomics (really Nazism because our Government is actually Big Business running everything behind the scenes) is killin' the Poor and Middle Class so they can control us, which, of course, is their goal. I never knew the film The Matrix was actually a warning about Big Government.

12.  What song will always remind you of this year?  I don't know about "always" but this one seems fitting for our current situation: A Mighty Fortress Is Our God


Like everyone else that is trusting in the blood of Jesus for salvation, I'm also hanging onto the hem of His garment! I think we'd all go crackers if it wasn't for Him. Jesus is our only Hope. πŸ’ž

13.  What do you wish you could have done more of?  Travel on my motorbike, of course. 🏍 I miss being able to travel long distances. Steve and I have had a lot of interesting journey's on two wheels. 

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?  Sitting. Because of arthritis in my hands and wrist (can't seem to shake that affirmity) I've had to give up a lot of treasured crafts. My heart yearns to go back to painting, sewing, weaving, making plastic canvas items and so forth. It hurts too much which lead to me surfing the 'net also which caused a medical condition called "Tailor''s Bottom". (Yeah, I giggled too.) It's a type of hip burstis. Well, my new Doc ordered a hyrdocordisone shot. It worked! That pain is now eased. Thank you Lord. If it returns, he recommended another one. Surgery is too dangerous in that area.

15. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Not much has changed except we've been buying a lot of DVD's of old films. We stream everything else. I'm really into movies that center around India during the Victorian Age. India does have a fascinating history. It's really ancient. It's a shame they're so trapped in the worship of demons. They're also killin' Christians when they should be heeding their warnings and follow Jesus. Their lives would be so much better.


Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! Ride safe. 


6 comments:

  1. In this season, I also hear about Mary's ancient cousin, Elizabeth, the mother of John the Baptist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, friend on #7..."Be of good cheer, I'm coming back soon."---I am in firm belief the end is near...we were just discussing this the other day...and what folks will endure when left behind. I shudder at the thought, truly I do.

    Wishing you a beautiful day my friend. Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5 ...yep. And #6, a hard AMEN!
    Your photograph and account of November 25 gave me goosebumps. Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do resolutions or goals either. I had enough of that in my younger years. I'm retired. I don't have to do that if I don't want to! Yeah, we didn't travel anywhere - we have a cat and a dog that I hate to leave. They look at me with those sweet eyes and I just don't want to leave them. My dog can be nippy when she is afraid. For the most part, we take her with us, which does place a limit on us. Oh well - we love them and they bring such joy to our lives and I swear, they keep my blood pressure in check with their daily humorous antics.

    I enjoyed reading these -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh darn I meant to add, that place where God talked to you and you took the photo is beautiful. That was touching what you shared. Thank you for that!

    Keep looking up! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  6. even with losses, I hope the year was good to you and I hope the new one is even better

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell