Thursday, October 29, 2015

Thankful Thursday



There's so much to be thankful for. Let's see, to pin it down to this very moment, it would have to be that we are still hanging on financially. It's close to the bone, but there is still a pulse. Truly finances have taken such a big hit with the economic downturn, rampant inflation and the almost zero interest rates, but like the bread and the fishes [Matthew 14:13-21], we are still able to pay the utilities, buy food, gasoline and medicine. All the essentials. I praise the LORD God for this mercy.

By the by, I hear that the Republican 'Debate' on that obscure CNBC network last night showed all our candidates in a good light. Even Donald Trump behaved like a gentleman (for once). Of course the Demoncrat talking heads made the usual @$$ out themselves with their vitriolic questions spewed from scowling faces. Wish I had watched it now. But this helps me feel very encouraged that this nightmare administration will soon join other rotten administrations in the dustbin of history.

What are you thankful for?

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my Lord, my family, and friends - far and near, and like you said, we are hanging on by a short string, but at least we are and I am so thankful for that. Jim is 83 and cant work, I am 74 and cant work, but some way God is helping us make it. We didnt make good choices when we were young, and that affects our current income. I did not watch the debate, but like you again, have heard many comments. We just have to keep hoping and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got fed up with the debate and went to bed...anyways..as you know...we make $1,350 a month and that is all...and that is why I am in school...anyways--the bills are paid and we have food...and that is the way it will be for a few more years. I hear ya on the financials. Blessings sweet friend...and I am thankful for so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started counting all the things I am thankful for ... but I ran out of fingers and toes ... so I started again ... and again ... and ...

    God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Counting our blessings. Faith, family and friends. And laughter, even in the face of adversity. Glad to count you among them Sparky!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell