Saturday, August 1, 2015

Mischievous Country Wickedness



We suffered a mild vandalism last night. Our house sits 350' from the dirt road on almost 7 acres of tranquility. Many years ago, I had an electric gate, lights, etc. installed at the entrance to insure privacy. And because I try to always exhibit community pride, there are pretty decorations and flowers meant to please all who pass by.

It’s my little Corner of Zen and a friendly wave to all.

Last evening someone on a UTV (like a 4 wheeler but can seat 2 or more) tore my husband’s hand painted bird gourd down, flinging it with great force at the gate entrance. Then proceeded to leave 3 beer cans and container. Thank heavens the Carolina Wren's are done nesting or I would have went ballistic in every Irish sense of the word and sought the villains out to do unspeakable things to their body parts. I still was SO ANGRY at first but have pretty much calmed down since. I don't think we were singled out but still feel a little violated. 

I get asked sometimes as to why we're not friends with many of the neighbors. This is why. I dislike saying it, but my impression of the reason many that live in the country are here because they're losers. These fish eyed mental midgets can't cut it in a neighborhood where one must be civil or suffer the consequences. I pick up the leavings of their dull, zero purpose lives almost daily on our walks.

This event has helped me to finally decide to call Mr. B. to install security cameras that has been discussed in days past. I dislike going this route but it looks like this may be our only option. Catch the perp’ on camera. Call the police. Let them handle it. Well, I call them police, in the loosest sense of the word. Just between you, me and the fence post, the local law force is more like the Keystone Cops. Good luck with that, right?!

If we go that route, I'll be sure to share a post that guarantees to be imbued with snarky comments and all. Right now, I pray that the pen is mightier than the sword.

8 comments:

  1. Pamela I live in the country to get away from that trash..I think the more people their is around you, the more you are apt to be totally sickened by the human race! That is a sorry act of worthless air stealing idiots that did that to yall. We have used trail cameras on our land. And don't get me started about the law! Just be glad your not in Appling County! Oh and I got my gun permit years ago & I usually have at least a .22 mag in my pocket at all times. I will protect what's mine. I hope you catch the low life O2 stealing suckers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. Ya'll are like us; you enjoy keeping your place pretty and appealing to passers by and then someone does this. It is infuriating. I don't blame you for installing security cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live on a circle back of a main street, so far we have had only
    one stray (fish eyed mental midget) insentient -you made me laugh on that one, but on the main street one night they stole flowers in pots, ever cute yard
    ornament they could pull up- took street signs. No one heard or saw anything. Sorry it happened to you it does make you feel violated.
    I have been wanting to put up cameras in our back, we do have movement lights out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about the vandalism you have suffered. It really is heartbreaking how many people these days lack respect for others and their properties.

    This is perhaps easier to say than do - please forgive them.

    Praying for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that stinks!!! We would be mad too...hope you catch them...ugh.

    We live in a neighborhood, sidewalks and the houses are all close together...not to many issues...most of us are older folks (good golly miss molly, that was hard to type out) who pay taxes, there are keys in car ignitions, peoples doors are unlocked, etc. There is a man, though, who lives diagonally across the street who sells drugs...and the keystone cops...well...never mind. Their too busy issuing tickets to dog owners who don't pick up after their pets. Just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. That makes me furious too. I have always said, you can build a bonefire in my front yard, but if you come to the house, prepare to die! It is that simple. For someone to just do damage to calm their rage or whatever, is so stupid I cant describe it. I am so sorry it happened and dont blame you one bit for getting the cams.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in the country because I like solitude, not people. The older I get, the less I like people so probably not heading in a good direction there, eh? I am sorry about the vandalism, horrible to hear. Like you, I despise people who hurt others and other things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freakin' drunken idiots...Do some research, get the camera system and install it, and let us know how it goes, especially how well it sees at night.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell