Monday, May 18, 2015

Pet Parade


How about a Jack Russell Terrierist up-date?


For those unfamiliar with the original story, The Boys are brothers and will be two years old by mid-July. Looking back in the photos, I had nearly forgotten how small they were on that first day we met.
Jack At The Breeder's

Sam The Third At The Breeder's


I had no idea what I was getting into.


At nearly 60 years old, I have owned numerous dogs through this journey called Life. All of them have had their own special personalities, endearments, quirks and problems. But nothing like these two! I don’t know if any of my readers have ever owned JRT’s, but that first 6 months I seriously considered killing them (not really) or giving them back (really). They have the energy level of a two year old on caffeine that’s had too much sleep.


Now that everything is relatively sane again, they’re really quite cute.
Jack looking thoughtful.


Jack is a bit neurotic. He’s standoffish but has a sweet nature, a moocher, growls lovingly at the foot of our bed in the morning, and waits to have a taste of Vaseline when I’m removing makeup.
Sammy in a rare moment when he's
not moving at 90 mph.


Sam The Third (or just Sammy, for short), is pure, unadulterated, unharnessed energy. He’s very alert. He loves these little orange hollow rubber balls I bought at Tractor Supply. The JRT's jaws are so strong I had to buy the ones that are Pit Bull proof. Honestly, the Jaws-Of-Life had to be modeled on a JRT’s jaw.


I still haven’t taught The Boys how to walk on a leash. It just hasn’t come up. Oh, I dread that task. I only hope my shoulders (and nerves) can take it.


At any rate, once we got past the rough patches, they are a treasure to own.

I guess we’ll keep ‘em.

7 comments:

  1. I feed our dog those little pellets which are a complete food all in one. They can be dangerous though. Here's my story as a warning to all dog lovers: http://timeforreflections.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/dog-food-lands-me-in-hospital.html

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those two guys are cuties, but I bet they are hard to keep up with. If I had a dog, have always wanted a JRT. Keep us posted on the 'leash lessons'. Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just children that don't grow up and move out on their own. LOL
    Hear you had a birthday-- happy ,happy to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Victor S E Moubarak - That's an Oldy Moldy but still a Goody. Thanks for the giggles.
    @Linda E - I'll probably have to get a new leash on life after the lesson but, if I survive, I'll share. :)
    @Patsy - Amen to that! I don't know why I keep replacing the kids every time I loss one. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

    Hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sure have grown! Wow, they were tiny to begin with. They are very fortunate to have a home with you two. Thanks for sharing the update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWW. I just love them!!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. they are adorable! My friend used to have about five Jack Russell's....feisty and loyal...
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell