Monday, April 13, 2015

From Death Comes Life

Winter has released its icy grip. Migratory birds in new plumage pass through heading North. There are a multitude of ravenous raptors bringing joy on their wings at the feeders. Their enthusiasm can only breed encouragement to those who will observe. Rain replaces ice. Trees bud. Flowers bloom.

The vegetable garden flourishes in the warm sunshine. Color replaces stark, barren branches.

As the celebration of our Lord’s Resurrection subsides, I too feel a simultaneous renewing of spirit. Past love’s fade into cherished memories but, if allowed, I am reminded that with tender care new love can flourish.

From death comes life. Spring has arrived. Not only on the calendar, but also in my heart.

For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.”  1 Thessalonians 4:14


12 comments:

  1. {Singsonging} SPARKY!!! SPARKY!!! So nice to see you my friend. I loveeeeeeeeeeee your new look here, truly I do. Yes, summer break in 4 weeks!!!! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU POSTING!!! BLESSINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am clapping too Linda, so glad she is back. I like the new format but was so glad to know you are back, I looked at it secondly. Nice my friend. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you, Sparky, and your wisdom. Yes, look to the future--the past is gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to see you posting. Your garden is looking great. You two have a nice evening. It's been raining lightly all day here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Y'all are so kind it makes me blush. :) The prodigal has returned. *lol* You've made me feel as welcome as a cool breeze on a hot summer day. Thank you so much! Love ya back. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAYA, Pam is back...woohoo! Nice to see you back, keep it up now, ya heah?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're blogging and loved the sentiment of this post...God bless!
    XXX Z

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you posted! I've missed your posts! The rose is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sparky! Sometimes the spirit moves you, and am so glad to be one of the beneficiaries. Get on that bad motor scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally overwhelmed by all the friendly, encouraging comments! Thank you everyone. Have a blessed evening. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here you are! I just popped in to see if anything was happening and am rewarded with three new posts. Yay!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell