Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Christmas Meal

Well, we have had a perfectly lovely day. I hope everyone else had a happy one too. It was relatively quiet for us. I always believe Silence Is Golden. No visitors this year. Everyone is either too broke, too far away or had other plans. That’s alright. There were not presents or cards this year either but I’m not complaining. I don’t need any more junk anyway. Besides we eat like Royalty!

Our meal was Cornish Game Hens, Mixed Vegetables, Mashed Cauliflower, Chicken Gravy, Cranberry Sauce, Italian Bread, Cinnamon Raisin Bread, Wine and Hot Tea. All very yummy!





After that scrumptious meal, Sweetie spent this afternoon putting together the final touches for what will be our niece’s Christmas gift. They’ll be here on New Year’s Day. That will be our real Christmas. I. AM. SO. EXCITED! [smile] What’s he making? My husband is a self-taught skilled craftsman. Anything he undertakes he does it well. He’s very much the Renaissance man. He is constructing a primitive archer’s bow pull rate of about 12 lbs. and an arrow set, complete with hand stitched leather quiver, arm guard and tab. And the doggone thing is fantastic to behold! It shoots like a dream (I’ve already given it some trial runs). Nope, no pictures. Not yet. I am snapping them as he works his magic and will share those after Niece has the gift. So more treasures to be shared at a later date.

Merry CHRISTMas y’all!

~ Ride Safe ~
Sparky


3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your meal and pictures of both of you too. We have had quiet day too. Our regular Wed. service is going on as always and we will go to that shortly. For me then, it is over, and I am looking toward 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have a simple meal, it will be roast beef/rice/corn. The kids have spent the day playing outside with their toys. It's been lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve looks so different with a beard! Lovely pictures with a lovely couple! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell