Friday, November 16, 2012

More Obamacare Victims Bite The Dust



The photo was taken at mid-day! Yuck. My goodness what a gloomy week this has been! I know it's Fall and all, but when that cold front rolled in the sun just disappeared. It's been four days now since we've seen it's smiling face. I do enjoy seasonal weather but wish I could see a blue sky for a bit.

And to add to the gloom, I learn that Hostess is going out of business because of Obamacare. Also Denny's is cutting staff and adding a 5% surcharge for the customers to pay for the "free" healthcare. And on and on and on ... The Atlas Shrugs have begun. Think the Obama zombies will notice? Probably not. Not until they run out of power for their iPods or whatever and have to actually pay attention.

The good news just keeps coming, doesn't it.

We're hiding inside, drinking hot tea and eating pumpkin pie. Very soothing. Right now we're watching the film Brazil (1985). It's almost prophetic in what the future looks like but I don't recommend it for gloomy days.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard about Hostess and different restaurants....a beginning of what is to come.
    I've been at the doctor's office with either John or my neighbor each day for 2 weeks. I'm happy to stay indoors today and not get out in traffic!
    I do love sunshine and bright blue skies. Winter is my least favorite time of year.
    You two enjoy the remainder of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M A SUN AND SAND PERSON. SOMEWHERE THE SUN IS SHINING BRIGHT AND THE WARM SANDS ARE WAITING FOR MY FEET, BUT NOW I'M STUCK IN THE COLD, BUT KNOWING THAT BETTER DAYS WILL COME NOT ONLY FOR ME BUT FOR AMERICA.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell