Friday, September 21, 2012

A Ride In The Country

A few short days ago, Sweetie installed the dog bones (lowering links), so, we took our steeds out for a spin to test all our new gear.

The 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650 handles like a dream. This bike is much improved over my 2005 V-Strom. The gears are smoother so it shifts better (no false neutrals on this one). The bike is lighter and thinner. Plus the comfort in the seat has been improved.

Final Conclusion? I absolutely LOVE my new "Wee Strom"!

Now I wanna go somewhere farther than a few hours away. It will probably be awhile before we travel anywhere far enough to stay overnight. Got too many irons in the fire. One thing is my 13+ year old miniature schnauzer, Maxie, is steadily going downhill. Her bad days are starting to out weight the good days. I really don't know if she'll make it to Christmas (I pray she proves me wrong). Bless her little fuzzy heart. I don't want to board her anymore if I can help it. The weather must cool off a bit more. Mid-80's is still too warm. I'm also concerned that if crapweasel is not kicked out of office, there will be no money at all. For anyone. I think it more prudent to hang onto what we have at the moment.

That aside, I wanna ride! Wanna come with? Grab your gear and let's get motoring!

Yeah, that's me grinning inside that helmet. This bike is GREAT!!


My Sweetie and his 2006 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100


2 comments:

  1. I see your big smile!!! Congrats; glad you love the new bike. Great photos of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Your wearing a helmet? I didn't even notice because of your smile! When you're ready for a trip....

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell