Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's One Of Those Days

Whatzit?

Did you ever have one of those days or weeks when you're not quite yourself?

I know, you're thinking, "Well, who are you then?" Ok, smartypants :o) I feel like our little multi-colored fellow here that appears half horse and half zebra: like I'm all upside down and backwards.

Oh, it's nothing serious ... I'm only extremely fatigued.

For some reason, I couldn't sleep last night. I had one of those evenings when I just could not power down, so, I ended up staying awake until 4 am. That's so unusual for me. Usually, I'm like a little kid and fall asleep in about 2 minutes and not wake up 'til morning (except for a bathroom break).

Boy, not last night.

So all day today my attitude has been grouchy and surly. Every little noise is driving me up the wall. Even the innocuous thing of hubby turning the pages in his new paperback book makes me want to slap a knot on his head. If I was a food, I wouldn't be fit for human consumption. [lol]

I'm so freaking tired.

And I guess I'm feeling a little bit of my own mortality this week. We lost yet another friend to mankinds age old enemy, death. That nasty dark fellow that follows all of us around waiting for that last breath. This recent loss is the 91 year old mother of a long time friend. I liked her mother, she was a really sweet Christian lady.

It's just getting tiresome, you know ... all these funerals. When we were young, we attended many a wedding and, for me, bridal shower. Those days are gone. Hubby and I have lost three friends in two months: Dr. Camberg, Kenneth Chancey and Mrs. Tison. Now, grant you, they were all elderly and infirm, but their loss is still felt all the same.

Our little world looks different ... and just a little sadder.

[sigh]

Recently the eye doctor bumped me up to tri-focals. My new eyeglasses are pretty (at least I think so) and corrected this way, I can see so much better.

So, that's a good thing.

But, today I'm feeling my age, and then some.

On a happier note, Hubby and I are "famous" this week too. He wrote an letter to Ride Texas Magazine and they printed it in this month's issue (Sept. 2009). We do so love riding in the Texas Hill Country.

We enjoyed the vacations out there so much that I've even been looking at land For Sale there. Who knows? We might get to move there one day. But, even if we don't, it's not a biggy. I do love our little slice of Georgia paradise. So I won't cry over split milk if it doesn't happen.

Well, supper's ready. We're having skinless, boneless chicken thighs, yellow saffron rice, and big green frozen peas. Yum, Yum! Maybe a good hearty meal will improve my spirits? It can't hurt, right?! [smile]

And I promise not to fuss at hubby too much. [giggle] He's such a sweet guy.

I hope your weekend is happy and fun. As we used to say on the C-B Radio, "Catchya on the flip-flop good buddy!"

6 comments:

  1. Oh, those restless nights take a toll on our attitude, don't they? We laugh here, one of us is always up! We are like ships passing in the night! We are losing many old time friends also. No matter the age or the illness, it's always difficult to say good-bye, isn't it? Your supper sounds lovely and I do like your new glasses. Any trouble adjusting to them? I know when I first got bifocals, I would step way high off of the curb!!!
    Sure hope you rest well tonight and have a spring in your step tomorrow. Congrats on the letter being published. Great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same thing happened to me the other night. I too usually fall asleep with no problem. I felt the same way the whole next day. I am sorry for your recent losses it is the saddest part of life to lose loved ones. Hope your feeling better if not hop over to my Saturday post and come get what I've given you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mildred ~ So far, I haven't had any trouble adjusting to the tri-focals. It's actually kinda nice being able to read T-shirt prints, etc. again. :o)

    Valerie ~ Thanks again for the lovely award. I posted it today.

    Well, gotta go so we may attend church, then it's off to the funeral out-of-state. At least I feel SO MUCH BETTER today. There's nothing like a good nights rest to improve one's outlook on life. ;o)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I had a restless night not too long ago. I, too, woke up snarky. Was it Saturday? Wouldn't it be strange if we were hurtin' the same night?

    Congratulations on being famous...isn't it great to see your name in print?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iva ~ My restless night was Friday evening to Saturday morning. Sorry you had a crummy night too! Hope you're all rested and feeling better now. BTW, that would have been a good title to the post "Sparky Feels Snarky". [lol!!] :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear! I most certainly hope your weekend ended better than it started, lumping husbands is not a proper thing to feel like doing, especially just for page turning.

    I sip a little valerian tea when my days and nights get swapped around. For me that is a ususal thing, mostly during lambing season.

    Sorry to hear of the losses in your life right now. They can be wearisome for sure.

    Well, I hope your week has started well.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell