Sunday, June 21, 2009

We're Having A Heatwave, A Tropical Heatwave


It is sooooo hot ... I know "how hot is it?"

Well, it is so hot, I'll bet I could fry an egg on the sidewalk! During daylight hours the heat index has been hovering right about 116 degrees.

Day, after day, after day, after day, after frickin' day ... [lol]

Wow.

So, how about some humor, to, eh, lighten the situation.

What is the Mexican weather report?
Chili today and hot tamale.



If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?


Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave. As he got out of the shower he said to his wife: "It's just too hot to wear clothes today honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"

"Probably that I married you for your money."



Ok, ok, I won't make you suffer with any more lame jokes. Have a great day y'all and try to stay cool. Happy summer soltice. :o)


I just know that after receiving our electric bill, I'm gonna look like that too ...[groan]


7 comments:

  1. Oh, this heat is terrible!

    I hope your husband is feeling better. You two stay cool and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate summer in the South. I hate to sweat. I love air-conditioning. It is a gift from heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man..it is hot, isn't it? I am not looking forward to my electric bill...especially since with TMB losing his job and going back to his old one, I'm losing about $400/mo PLUS it's a different pay schedule.

    But I'm a survivor...I will survive...

    [hey...hey...] lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, very cool. We are hot here too. However, this is Summer. I've never know it to be cool here in the Summer. Thanks for the chuckles. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mildred ~ Steve is somewhat better. He still hasn't passed any stones, just sand. He aches all over and is so bored, poor guy. Tomorrow the stint is removed and he should improve from there. I'm glad I don't get these things! Thanks for asking. :o)

    Stevie ~ I hate summer in the South too. A/C is truly a gift and I use it freely. :o)

    Iva ~ Sorry to hear about your husband losing his job! $400 a month reduction is pretty significant when one doesn't make much to start with. Pastor preached on David and Goliah yesterday. Y'all have your own "Goliath" to slay, just remember who won. [wink] God is with you and y'all are in our prayers dear. Keep strong. :o)

    Pappy ~ Funny guy. Ok officer, I confess, I just wanted to gripe. [ giggle] Glad I could make you smile. Our adventures aren't as good as Carey's, though. I love the squirting water bottle trick he's come up with ... ROFLOL!!

    Stay cool guys. BTW, something very special is happening tomorrow. Stay tuned sports fans ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, baby, it is HOT! Yep, I empathize. And the A/C bill is HIGH! We have turned the air up so as to turn the bill down... my grandpa used to mow the grass in his boxers, boots and a gun strapped around his waist for the rattle snakes. He was quite a character.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosezilla ~ We've got our A/C turned way up too, but it's workin' it's little guts out. [lol] I feel like someone snuck in and moved us from Zone 8 to Zone 10!!
    I like your grandpa. He sounds like my kinda person. I always tote a gun too for rattle snakes; the kind that slither and the kind on two legs. :o)

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell