Sunday, November 2, 2008

Unveiling Of The 2010 Kawasaki Versys 1000cc


TWO magazine has uncovered a pic of the new 1000cc Versys.

TWO say: "Looks like an all-new 1000cc parallel twin engine in Kawasaki's answer to Triumph's 1050 Tiger. The brakes look a bit lacking but it should be a fantastic tourer, but will pillions like the Z750-style seat unit."

Looks like Kawasaki has plans to release a 1000 version of their Versys model (currently a 650 CC). I had looked at this motorcycle before purchasing my 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650 but didn't like the appearance. The Suzuki is a 90 degree V-Twin. It's very well balanced. True, the Versys 650cc is a great bike, I just didn't fancy the front end and it can not be fitted for a center stand (a deal breaker for me!). This 1000 version, in my opinion, has a MUCH cleaner look. At the current time, I think this bike will only be available in Europe. Pity. I'll bet it would be a huge hit here in America!

Adventure bikes are so much more practical than cruisers: they're light-weight, easy to handle, love curves, and just a sweet ride all around. My bike is damn near bullet proof (which says a lot): all I do is add gas, change the oil periodically, and I'm good to go. I would be hard pressed to part with mine, for sure.

Here's hoping that Kawasaki will add this motorcycle to the now too short list of their bikes sold here in the USA. ♥ ∞

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, you couldn't pay me a million dollars to ride a motorcycle, and I've spent the best part of the past few months trying to convince Pappy texican to give his up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I RODE motorcycles, I wold certainly admire this one. HA!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell