Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Little Election Day Humor

Today is the *big day* here in America, when our voices and opinions can count more than ever. Well, what's done is done.
Let's just reflect on our actions.
There's no turning back now.
The die is cast.
So, here's a little humor along the way.
Hopefully the ride in that handbasket will seem a little merrier....






"Take it from me -- elections matter." Al Gore [Really?? Well, duuuh!]

"I'm older than dirt, I've got more scars than Frankenstein, but I've learned a few things along the way. " Sen. John McCain

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies." Groucho Marx [I'm with you Groucho.]

"To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government." Mark Twain
♥ ∞

11 comments:

  1. Well, we'll know soon. My fingers are crossed and I've said my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Hon! I needed that! LOLLLLL!

    Miss Mari-Nanci
    {"Shoot if you must, this old gray head..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, Mr. McCain, wouldn't we hope you learned more than just a 'few things' if you want to be president?

    Sparky! Remain calm! :) I am Canadian and not voting but I couldn't resist poking fun at that quote!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True enough, Lavinia, we will survive maugre. Me so calm now as I know what we must do.

    "In the presence of nature, a wild delight runs through the man, in spite of real sorrows. Nature says, -- he is my creature, and maugre all his impertinent griefs, he shall be glad with me."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson; Nature; Addresses and Lectures; 1849.

    ((Hugs)) ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just seen the election results - the US makes history with a Black president :-) - I didn't think our generation would see the day. Politically I'm libertarian/centrist so probably wouldn't have voted for Obama (...if I were an American):-o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! I tried to stay awake to watch the results, but fell asleep at 2am London time. This morning, the newspaper I work for, The Independent, had a full page pic of Obama on the front (no story or anything) and a headline that said: "Mr President". As I picked it up and showed it to my daughter before she went to school, I felt tears come into my eyes. I'm proud of America too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, the one thing on my mind right now is that everyone will PLEASE get out there and PICK UP THE ELECTION SIGNS off the sides of the roads! Gosh, I wish they'd ban those things. All the signs do is litter the roadsides for months after elections.

    God bless! ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good sharp pointed humor. hee hee
    I don't think too many are listening though. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, like I said ... easily deceived. They're worshiping their Golden Idol (false god) while Moses is up the hill receiving the truth from the One True God. Sometimes I wish I didn't know history as I do ... I can see it coming. I want to see if women are still having the Big O over O in two years. [wink] ♥ ∞

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too great a day to worry about the inevitable fade to come.
    --Kate

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell