Thursday, October 23, 2008

Our Vacation To Western North Carolina

Greetings Bloggy Friends!

We have finally returned from the 'Great North'. We were having such a good time, that we decided to extend the one week vacation to almost two weeks. (Gee, it's great to be retired!) The fall colors in Maggie Valley, NC, and down into northern Georgia around Tallulah Gorge are absolutely stunning this year! So far, this must have been the best year for color for us. We must have hit the peak just right because the woods were spectacular. I had to be careful riding my motorcycle on the Blue Ridge Parkway because one can't sight-see and ride at the same time. I saved all my "Oh!'s" and "Awww!'s" for when we stopped at the overlooks. That's me and Sweetie below at one of our stops.


If one clicks on the photo above, it takes you to MyPhotoAlbum where all the pictures from the trip are stored. This photo was taken by our good friend, Tom Williams. We traveled with him and his lovely wife Rebecca this time. They're the ones we've been friends with Since The Beginning Of Time (or maybe it just feels that way?). [lol] It was chilly up on the Parkway but down in the valley, the temperatures reached into the low 80's. That's really warm for this time of year.

If you view the photos of Elk at MyPhotoAlbum, they were taken on the Cataloochee Trail near the old Caldwell house. North Carolina has reintroduced Elk in the same area that they once roamed in the southern Appalachain Mountains.

Please excuse me not being too wordy this time. I'm still weary from the journey.

God bless ya everyone! It's good to be back. Can't wait to view all your blogs too! ♥ ∞

6 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a beautiful trip! Riding motorcycles always looks like so much fun. Glad you're back safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a great trip! It's so nice that you had the freedom to extend it- Wish I could do the same on MY vacations. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. Plenty of fresh air and beautiful outdoors. I'm glad you are back though! Hugs!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home, I missed your posts! Look at you all sassy with your own bike - my sister will love it! Beautiful pics! Rest up and see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm new here, so no need to apologize for not being wordy enough. Why, are you a blabbermouth or something? ;)

    Hey, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yahooooo, you're back...and the photos are awesome...bet it was like a second honeymoon.glad you're back!hugs.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell