Monday, September 29, 2008

What's Your Favorite Cartoon(s)?

I admit it. I love cartoons! I'm a cartoonacholic. :o) It doesn’t matter if they’re animated or in the newspaper.
Shoe

My favorite newspaper cartoons are:
Andy Capp
BC
Beetle Bailey
Blondie
Dennis The Menace
For Better Or For Worse
Garfield
Get Fuzzy
Grand Ave
Hagar The Horrible
Lockhorns
LuAnn
Middletons
Non Sequitur
Shoe
Snuffy Smith
Wizard Of Id
Ziggy
Zits

I read those nearly every day in our local Georgia Times-Union.

I don't like most of the new cartoons so most of my favorite animated cartoons are considered ‘old’ (1950ish-1980ish):
Count Duckula (UK)
Daffy Duck
Family Guy
Foghorn Leghorn
Ren and Stimpy
The Simpsons
Tom and Jerry
Twitty Bird and Sylvester

Count Duckula
So, what are your favorite animated and/or newspaper cartoons? ♥ ∞

6 comments:

  1. I love love love cartoons, too! I love Shoe and the Lockehorns, and ALL OF THEM.

    thanks! I'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have such sweet memories of my daddy reading me the comics on Sunday morning while I was getting ready for church. Cartoons put a smile on your face and who could not love that! Nowadays some get to political for me. I like the funny ones. Blondie and Dagwood were always getting into some kind of dilema. Neat post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, i am not a cartoonaholic at all, but i do like 'peanuts' and 'andy capp'

    ReplyDelete
  4. For my all-time favorite cartoon, I'd have to go with the Simpsons, but I like a lot of them.

    My current favorite, since Simpsons has been dropping in quality for so long, would probably be American Dad.

    As for comics, I have lots of favorites, but I think The Far Side is the best there'll ever be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite television cartoon was a tie between the Flintsones and Yogi Bear and BooBoo too!

    My favorite newspaper cartoon was Calving and Hobbes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I used to LOVE Foghorn Leghorn when I was little! My dad's fav was the Roadrunner. I was so surprised to find out those were real birds! I think Rocky and Bullwinkle was my favorite. I got hooked on Dilbert when i was getting my business degree. Hello, by the way! I wandered over from someone else's blog to say hi.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell