Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week Of July 15th ~ Dis 'N Dat

There's not much going on this week. Kinda quiet, which in many ways can be nice. Sometimes it's nice to slow down and smell the roses. I have been attempting to learn how to use my Yahoo! 360 Profile page. The 360 is not very user friendly and I might abandon the page if their 'bugs' aren't fixed soon. The Avatar feature is cute but it's not reliable. I also had trouble getting the 'feeds' to work but after much persistence, they are now on-line. The Yahoo! Answers is fun, though. YA is pretty good about keeping the flamers and foul mouths off the site. I appreciate that!

Today, we're voting in local primary elections for a few offices. Our current Sheriff, Richard King, is up for re-election. He usually runs unopposed but this year he has some competition. I'm sure Richard will be re-elected since he's so popular. As far as I can tell, he's been a very good Sheriff. He's also our neighbor and seems like a genuinely good person. Good luck Richard! Hope you win!

SE Georgia has had some very welcome rain of late. I hope this seven year drought is finally broken. The grass is growing so fast we're having to mow every week or sooner. That is such a welcome change from years past of dry grass and dieing plants.

We've started planning our fall North Carolina ride. We might trailer the bikes and stay with friends in their RV. That should be fun! Any chance to ride works for me. :o) Every since my neck and shoulder difficulties earlier this year, after a long ride my neck can hurt of the evening if I'm not careful. Best not to take any chances on that 'triger muscle' hurting again and me needing more shots! I don't want to make any more doctor visits this year.

Speaking of which, Steve will be getting more shoulder surgery in a few weeks. All that working for BellSouth wore out his body. Poor guy. I wish I had a magic wand and could make all this go away for him. He's such a trouper and never complains.

Well, like I said, kinda quiet this week. Not much going on.

Have a happy summer y'all! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell