Monday, July 21, 2008

Bad News About Our Dog Lucy

Lucy had been limping rather badly for several days, well, since our return from Hawaii in early June. The problem would not fix itself, so, we took her to the Vet today to be examined. After X-rays, Vet told us she suffered from "ruptured cruciate ligament in the right stifle with arthritic changes in the left hip". What that means is, it's can not be fixed nor changed. She will begin taking a mild pain medication and that stuff people take for joints. This will slow down the degeneration a little and offer some relief. We must also be careful not to let her jump off the back deck nor from the back of the truck. Gosh, I feel like Lucy has just been handed a death sentence. This is similar to how we lost our first big dog, Lady, a lab/staffordshire terrier mix. Only Lady died from hip dyplasia and it's complications. I feel so sad now.

I shouldn't have said it was too quiet around here.

Sparky ♥ ∞

1 comment:

  1. Sparky - I am profoundly sorry for the sad news! We felt the same way several years ago when they told us the same news about our Lab, Jake - he was my best buddy in the world... Thinking we would lose him I went out and bought 2 pups - a male and female Lab.
    Well, this livened up Jake! He ate better, played more and helped us keep the pups in line - he had a ball and we feel it added 3 more years to his life, for which I will always be grateful! We finally lost him last July and it hurt more than I have words to describe... I was also thankful I had Harley and Lilly to lick me while I cried for a couple weeks around the house. They knew and stayed right with me all the time...
    Sparky - I feel for you - love on Lucy and be thankful that have something you love this much! Please keep me up to date on her progress!

    Jerry in Tampa

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell