Friday, April 1, 2011

Aw, Yes, Something New Has Been Added

Seriously, this is all Pappy's fault! He sent me a heart-tugging video recently that must have effected me more profoundly than I realized. Well, I'll let you watch it for yourself:


Wasn't that precious? Now that I'm rabidly approaching the double nickle, things like this are starting to effect me!

Sweetie and I did one of our Day Trips to Savannah this week. We were actually on a quest to find what has become one of our favorite beers, Flying Dog 'Ol Scratch. 'Ol Scratch beer is so good with steak it's probably illegal in some States. *giggle*

Well, The best laid schemes of Mice and Men oft go awry ...

For those of you who have followed me from almost the beginning, may remember that I requested something from Santa in December of 2008. Well, Santa didn't come through, but he is known to be unreliable since the anti-Christ was elected and the Great Recession hit. I have desired a street legal dirt bike for quite sometime. We happened upon a Kawasaki shop whilst on our beer quest and dropped in for a visit.

I can't pass up a motorcycle shop.

Anywhere.

The quaint little shop with friendly, helpful people had the usual cruisers and some sport bikes. Off in one little obscure corner was this ...

2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Super Motard


Ok, it's not the Kawasaki Sherpa I was lusting after, but it is something even better. It has a little more horsepower than the Sherpa. And unfortunately, for me, Sherpa's are like hen's teeth these days. People buy them and keep them.

Like the Motard was a magnet and I was made of steel, it drew me to it instantly. I touched it. Sat on it. WANTED IT and I'm sure it showed. My husband always delights in saying that I do not have a good poker face. Alas, the price was just out of our price range. *sigh*

So, we left the shop and resumed our beer run. Suddenly, my phone rang and it was the salesman from the shop. Let's just say, he made me an offer I didn't want to refuse. *grin* Back we went and after finalizing the deal, the serviced Motard safely tucked into the back of our truck, I went home with the HUGEST SMILE on my face that hubby kept getting tickled at me.

Is that a Sparky in the works?

It gets 70 smiles to the gallon too.

And I was going to say that we need to now sell our two Honda 230 CRF dirt bikes, but they've already sold!! After one hour on Craigslist, they both sold. One locally and one out of State. So cool!

I feel 18 again ... at least for a moment.

Now, if I can just loose 30 pounds I'll be livin' in High Cotton ... *lol*


3 comments:

  1. Santa was late but he finally came through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG (ROFL)--You put my pic up? LOLOL--TO FUNNY. (HARDY HAR HAR.)--Anyways, nice bike. Liam saids he love it. Miss you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda!! We miss y'all too. PLEASE e-mail sometime and let us know how y'all are doing. You're still in our prayers and hearts. Thanks for stopping by my friend. God bless. ~ Sparky :)))

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell