Friday, May 29, 2009

Like, I'm So Totally Awe-summ, You Know?

Thank you Janeen at ChachanNeen for the Awe-Summ award. You are such a sweet gal. You're always so kind and I feel especially blessed. :o)

Janeen posted this award a couple of days ago, but like the lady that backed into her typewriter, I'm getting a little behind in my work.

Between gardening, running errands and regular household duties, it's been rather hectic of late.

The idea here is to list 7 things that make me awesome. This took some thought. I don't really care to sit around contemplating my strong points. Here lately I'd rather just contemplate my navel. At least I could rest awhile. [giggle]

1) I try to always have a good sense of humor, even in bad situations. I kid a lot but it's with affection.
2) I enjoy making others laugh and have fun. This brings me pleasure too.
3) I tend to be quite good at discerning others intentions. I can spot a bully from 30 paces ... and drop them in 20. [giggle]
4) I'm quite good with animals. Hubby said I should be a Veterinarian but I know I could never remember all those $60 words and medical terms.
5) I've had great successes with locating people, dead or alive.
6) Accounting, and subsequently research, is a strong point with me. I can trace a paper trail better than most. Even bad guys leave a paper trail. [wink]
7) I try to always "die daily to sin and be more alive to God". My Lord Jesus makes me strong in all the things listed above and hides my weaknesses in His goodness.

Alrighty then, if you're still with me [yawn] I'm suppose to pass this on to 3 ladies (sorry guys) who I think deserve this award. Actually, I would prefer to give this to ALL my bloggy friends, but rules are rules.

Envelope please ...

I've decided on in no particular order:
1) Margo at Life In The Short Lane
2) Linda at Life's A Calling Who's This?
3) Margaret at Nanny Goats In Panties

These lovely lady's consistently make me smile and help me get through the day.

There ... it was nice to do something that didn't involve wearing gloves.

10 comments:

  1. Sparky, Have you been eating Imperial Margarine again? Congratulations, Your Highness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sparky, I feel like you're spoiling me of late - thank you for the kind words. And it's so nice to read a few things about you and get to know you better. And the next time I need you track down and sucker punch a bully for me, your my girl!

    xoxo
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend, You're adorable! I just love ya! Since I'm almost Nancy Drew, can I work at your agency? tee hee Enjoy your award, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always needed someone to point out the bully to me - I guess you are my girl!!! Seriously, it's nice to learn more about you. Hope you two have a wonderful weekend - it finally quit raining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you sound like Nancy Drew all grown up in all the good ways I would have hoped for her. What a nice award! Thank you so much! I am so glad we met all those many weeks ago. You are completely awe-summ. Trust me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha I like #4. Fake the words and charge $100.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carey ~ I remember that commercial!! You are too funny. [giggle]

    Margaret ~ Aw shuck's, yer welcome gal. You deserve the award.
    I have been known to come to the aid of animals and children at the risk of my own neck. That just ain't happenin' in my line of sight ... [wink]

    Janeen ~ Sure, you can work for me! We'll solve crimes and right wrongs together. [lol]

    Mildred ~ It quit raining here too and the humidity shot through the roof! It did rain last night and now it's cool again (hurray!). If the road will dry out, I'd love to go for a ride .. :o)

    Margo ~ Thanks for the kind words! Your blog is fun and well written. You deserve the award. :o)

    Melody ~ Hmmm, not a bad idea (that never occurred to me) ... ROFLOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sparky, I always love these challenges that make the rounds where our fellow bloggers have to tell us more about themselves. I think I am pretty good at spotting bullies myself. I'm not so good at dropping them though. But I do know who to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the visit. If you are referring to the little restaurant in the middle of Screven we did get hamburgers there last week. They were good but we had to wait a while. The other restaurant is good also but another long wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. came over from Nanny Goats.. to see what the buzsz is about! Love your site!

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell