Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday Stealing: Swap-bot

 


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves. Feel free to join in! Original post here.


1. Have you ever smoked cigarettes?  Yes, when I was about 16 or 17 (about 1973-ish). Got tired of it, plus it was expensive even then, so, I quit soon after.

2. What do you think of hot dogs?  I like the All Beef ones but my favorites are now the Private Selection All Beef Hot Dogs from Kroger. They're so yummy. 

3. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?  New England Breakfast Blend coffee. Lots of Splenda and Half And Half please!  

4. What's your favorite piece of jewelry that you own?  My wedding band. Also, always wear an emerald ring. The gold is from the wedding band that was cut from my mother's hand when she passed in 1966. Over 42 years ago, Steve had a local jeweler remake it into a ring with the special emerald he chose. I've worn it nearly every day ever since. 

5. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Ice water from our deep well, Orange ice tea called Citrus Sunrise by Celestial Seasonings, and coffee. 

6. Like to travel?  I used to. Not so much anymore. It costs too much. Also, I like where I live. Really don't care to go anywhere else anymore.  

7. What should you be doing right now?  Since these questions are being completed on Friday, I'm doing it: resting. It's been a busy week. I needed to rest the old bones for a bit before continuing on. 

8, Your phone rings. Who do you want it to be?  Anyone but one of those scammers. I have blocked so many of them! There aren't as many calls as we once had but they still manage to get through every now and again.

9. Do you like to ride horses?  Once Upon A Time I lived to ride but not anymore. I still like horses it's just too much jolting for my neck and shoulders. I much prefer the steel ones now.

10. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?  I like listening to others, to hear their ideas and opinions. When I'm with Steve or my BFF, though, it's a back and forth kind of exchange. 

11. What's in your pocket right now?  Because it's pollen season here in the South, a hanky and a small tube of Vaseline Lip Gloss. 🀧 I'm using both frequently lately. 

12. Last thing that made you laugh?  Probably one of those YouTube TicTok videos.

13. How many TVs do you have in your house? Two but mostly use only the one in the Living Room. 

14. Who's your loudest friend?  Oh, golly, a very dear cousin and friend. I love him but he really needs to come with a volume control. 

15. Favorite sports team? (If you don't have one, just state that ...)  Not a fan of team anything nor stick and ball sports. I do still enjoy MotoGP, American Superbike and Rally Car Racing. To each his own though, right?!  πŸ˜ƒ


My thoughts:
 Big Business-Pharma-Government is deliberately covering up or lying about their shenanigans again. Did y'all watch that news report on YouTube about the dangerous chemicals in a box of cereal that was published recently? I'm glad I gave that mess up 5 years ago! For me it was about the high sugar / carb's content because I'm not a cow and don't eat oats. I only eat the cow. πŸ˜‰ From this report now I hear ya gotta be aware of all the chemicals 'approved' by the FDA that's in our food (which are actually being paid off by big bribes from Big Business-Pharma, etc.) Yipes! So the FDA are as useful as breasts on a boar hog. They need to be defunded that's for sure.

Southeast Georgia is still growing in leaps and bounds. First, there is a Buc-ee's scheduled to be built in or near Brunswick soon. Now I read that there are two new WaWa stores being built not too far from our county. One in Jesup and one in Brunswick. There's also a Dunham's Sports at Hatcher Point Mall in Waycross. Oh, and I also read that Remington Firearms has, or is soon to be, moved to Savannah. Well, well. Guess everyone's getting tired of those places they've created in the NorthEast. I hope it doesn't end up like that here. 😌 

On that happy note ... I do hope y'all have a blessed Sunday. Keep looking up because Jesus is coming back soon and I'm so grateful. 

πŸ’žπŸ️πŸ’ž

``He will love you and bless you and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your womb and the fruit of your ground, your grain and your new wine and your oil, the increase of your herd and the young of your flock, in the land which He swore to your forefathers to give you." Deuteronomy 7:13

14 comments:

  1. I am the Loud Friend in a crowd and have trouble listening. when i get excited my volume goes up and up and my cousin Bonnie, who was trained in HR, makes me laugh, as I get louder her voice drops to almost low enough I can hear, when she does that I lower my volume. sometimes when we are together, just the two of us, she must lower her volume several times in an hour.
    I love hot dogs and my favorites are the junk ones that are the cheapest.
    you are living in the area I grew up in and all my family. born in Savannah, my uncles family lived in Collins GA and now i have a cousin in Savannah, Blackshear who meoved there from Waycross, and one in Macon. your area is full of my second cousins.
    I drink only water, except 2 cups of coffee for wake up time and if out I get unsweet tea or light lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I didn't know you were from "here"! One day maybe you'll share your maiden, if you feel comfortable with that. I'm related to about 90% of the folks here in Pierce, Ware, Coffee, Atkinson counties, etc. but I didn't know that when I moved here because I'm adopted. I'm blood-kin to Byrd (Bird), Dillard (D'Illard), Greene, Giddens, Hardeman, Hollingsworth, Hudson, Keith, Kuhlmann (now Coleman), Lott, Luiff (now Love), Mathis, McCall, McMahan, Maloy, Moore (O'More), Peacock, Roberts, Sweat (Swett, Swete, Sweatt, Sweet), Young and a plethora of others. *whew* lol I love meeting new cousins. xx

      Delete
  2. "breasts on a boar hog"---ohhhhhhhhh thanks I about spewed my coffee everywhere, LOLOLOL. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a million of 'em. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Love to you both. πŸ’–

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful picture of your steel steeds in front of that shed.
    Your talk about your emerald made me think. I have my mom's original wedding band, the diamond isn't in it. I've never done anything with it, but I could put some type of stone in it and wear it. I'll have to check into that.
    I tend to be a listener, but sometimes am that loud friend. It's comes from years of working with the elderly and getting used to talking loud. :)
    Everything is getting built up here too. Open fields become developments and I hate that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WaWa has been here for thousands of years and we love it! I think I was loud as a kid or at least my stupid older sister thought so (way over 20 years older). She kept saying I should 'modulate' my voice as if at 5 or 6 I had any clue though I did figure it out. I enjoy finding out how my blogging family feel about things like all this. Happy Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the backstory of your emerald ring! My wedding ring is my most precious possession -- it was actually my mother's. After my father passed, she had it custom made from the gold in both their wedding rings + that which belonged to her own mother.
    I hope WaWa will come to Alabama sometime; my Florida friends yak about it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm resting NOW. A busy day in church from 8:45-2:15

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried smoking in the summer before 6th grade. Hated it. That one cigarette made me sick all day!
    That emerald ring necklace sounds pretty. And a sentimental story behind it.
    My maiden name is Young. Our Young family came in through Virginia then down to Eastern Tennessee.
    I’m pretty quiet and very content in listening. With my friends I’m more chatty but still it’s hard to get a word in when everyone is talking.
    I enjoyed all your answers. You sound like a real hoot! πŸ˜†

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been called worse ... *giggle* jk Thank you for your kind words. I'm sure I'm a royal pain in the **** at times. 😝
      We're probably distantly related. My Young's came down from Scotland to the Georgia Colony in about 1755. Most stayed in Georgia (what became Washington County) after the Revolutionary War but my direct line moved on to Alabama. My line is Celia Vandilla Young (1853-1942 Alabama; marr. James Travis Wise). She was daughter of Elijah James Young (1820 GA-1878 AL) and Martha Jane Peacock (1830 GA-1918 AL); son of William Young (1790 GA-1868 GA) and Rebecca Smith; and so forth. I can go all the way back to my Young immigrant (hurray for on-line documents!) and a little further back in Scotland then the trail goes cold.
      I love history so it's fun to learn this. It doesn't define who I am or anything. Since my adopted family made it clear I wasn't welcome it helps me feel like I belong somewhere. πŸ’™πŸ§‘

      Delete
  8. You know we are both on the same side of politics and also waiting on Jesus. And, Lakeland is growing by leaps and bounds and isn't the same sweet town it used to be. Every empty space is suddenly growing a building. I enjoyed my visit here with you today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your area is growing way too much too fast! But it is happening everywhere in the south, thanks to the northern politics and some other issues over the past few years. We are growing here in our little town too. Gee, we're getting a Taco Bell! LOL. Sounds like you discovered a bunch of relatives in the south GA area! That's pretty cool! Have you actually been able to meet any of them? I've connected via letters and some phone calls to some of my long lost relatives on my grandmother's birth side. (she was adopted). Haven't met any in person yet...they still seem skeptical, even though that adoption took place 125+ years ago! LOL. It was good to read your post today. Made me smile. Have a blessed and wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear some of your are still skeptical. I have run up against that one time in all my wanderings. Most of mine I have met and they are very receptive, others are reticent. Depends on the person, of course. Steve has met many cousins he didn't know about thanks to all my poking around. I even found a couple of Uncles Steve didn't know he had. His grandfather, Charles Cain Hudson, Jr., was married 8 times. (Yep, 8!!!) Sometimes CC Jr. didn't even bother to divorce the previous one. He was a bit of a lad (rascal). He left kids, especially boys, everywhere he, uh, lit down. πŸ˜‚ Anyway, it made for interesting research. πŸ˜‰

      Delete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell