Saturday, September 19, 2015

I'm A Pickin' And I'm A Grinnin'

After our Saturday chores, Hubby and I took the cage and did some pickin'. It's just too difficult to carry fragile items on two wheels.

This is my favorite, the Cardinal Clock. I wish the photograph would show how vibrant the colors are. It's quite lovely. The bird tiles, Hubby found. I thought they where a nice compliment to the clock.

Decorative cups. They appear to be hand painted, but I wouldn't swear to it on a stack of Bibles. *grin*

Cardinal Music Box. I don't recognize the tune. It's a nice addition to the dining room table.

All these items where only $1.00 each!

Now you know why I'm A Grinnin'.

(Deepest apologies to the good folks at Hee Haw for the pun ... *lol*)

6 comments:

Lulu James said...

I have a very similar cardinal music box which was my mother's. A treasure I cherish. I went to a local "Treasure Barn" yesterday and saw a beautiful huge frame marked for $33. Wanted it so bad--but where would I put it in my tiny house? SIGH!
Good Day of Picking, Friend!

Linda E said...

Some good finds my friend, and thanks for sharing them with us. Sleep good.

Jackie said...

I especially love those tiles....
Beautiful finds, and I'm so happy that the price was right!!
Hugs to you,
Jackie

Ed Bonderenka said...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLRxEH7uLT8

Chel at Sweetbriar Dreams said...

You have found some great colourful things here. It's surprising what you can pick up at these places. I hope you find out what the music is. Have a great Sunday my lovely xx

Sparky said...

Ah ha! My husband figured out which tune it is on the music box: Music Box Dancer. Have a beautiful day folks. Thanks for stopping by. ~:)