Saturday, January 5, 2013

Country Surprises In Pictures

Living in the country, sometimes one sees all manner of nature. Today, driving down a frequented nearby road, I spied a sleeping Barred Owl on a branch. He was a few feet off the road, so, I managed to snap this photo from inside the vehicle.


I made sure to not disturb his beauty rest.

Below, I saw this long ago abandoned barn on Scuffletown Road on our cold, sunny, winters day and had to stop and take a photo.


When I see it I wonder, "Why is the barn abandoned? Are the owners long gone?"

My hubby snapped the photo below of a pond, also on Scuffletown Road. Scuffletown is located in Pierce County, Georgia.


I always see God's handywork in nature. It's His signature on His beautiful creation.

"And God said, “Let the waters swarm with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the heavens.” Genesis 1:20 ESV

Thank you God for reminding me who You are and who I am in your creation.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful photos. Wishing you two a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great images Sparky. Owls are not seen much as they are creatures of the nite. Once, many years ago, I was coming back from a late afternoon hunting outing after a rain and was fortunate enough to see one of of those rare double rainbows, but the most amazing thing was a white owl flying between them. I was living in southern MS at the time and we don't have white owls. Often wondered about that event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gorgeous! It's so nice to be visiting you again... my blog hiatus is over. And I think I'll enjoy a cup of coffee with some of my scones while I enjoy my visit here! I absolutely love that picture of the owl. He looks enormous, just beautiful! Funny you mentioned that about the barn as I've often said the same thing myself... where did everybody go?
    Lurve~ Janeen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sparky! I've corrected my post, the show is called Duck Dynasty. ha ha Hope your having a great evening and staying warm n cozy this cold night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, be still my heart! ... such fabulous captures, my friend. I have such a peace when with Him in His world of quiet & beauty ...

    How are you doing? Hope you are able to zoom-zoom & zip along by now.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell