Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ride Naked

2007 Suzuki V-Strom 650
and
2007 Triumph Tiger 1050

That got your attention, didn't it? [giggle]

It was with a sad heart that Hubby and I sold our precious motorbikes this past weekend. Both of us had tired of the Adventure Bike type of riding and have every intent of changing our riding styles.

The style we both hanker for is called "naked bikes". For the non-rider that means no plastic side panels on our bikes. For example like the:

Triumph Bonneville SE 870
The "Bonney" is the bike I'm seriously considering.

I was lucky enough to ride one a few months ago during the Triumph Demo Days in Orange Park, Florida.

The Demo wasn't a good one because the owners had put an off road muffler on it. It was so freakin' loud that I was hestitant about buying the bike. That was a stupid marketing move on the owners part. I'm not a 20 year old male for goodness sake. I like quiet machines. Anyway, even though they tried to ruin the experience, I still enjoyed the ride and the feeling stayed with me all these months. I like the light feeling and easy handling of the bike. It's a sweet little bike. So, Hubby and I made the leap this weekend by selling our precious duo. We've had so many adventures on these wheels. I almost cried but I feel like they both found good homes in Florida.

I could also end up with a Triumph Bonneville T100. They're very similiar except one has mag wheels and one has spoked. It's six one way and half a dozen the other.

Hubby wants a:

Moto Guzzi Breva 1100
Another "naked" bike. Easy to ride, simple to maintain, just like the "Bonney".

However, we live so far out in the boonies that we have to pipe in sunlight. The only place to buy such an animal is in Dahlonega, Georgia. That's quite a haul for us but I guess we'll have to make the trip. At least North Georgia is very beautiful, so, I don't mind having to make a trip there.

Hubby said he plans to call the Breva his Italian Mistress.

How do you say "jealous" in italian? [ha ha]

2 comments:

  1. Wait a NAKED moment!! Where's the Harley ... now c'mon, Sparky ... you can't beat them, they purr like no tomorrow & are an awesome ride!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm!?!?!???

    Chuckle.

    How's the eyes coming along?

    Huggers, Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly have a lot of memories on the bikes you just sold. I wish you the very best in your new acquisitions!!!

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell