Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Access Denied


Anyone else having trouble leaving comments on various blogs? I am. Whilest attempting to leave a comment on some blogs, I get this message:

Your current account (xxxx@yahoo.com) does not have access to view this page.
Click here to logout and change accounts.


Ooooookkkk.

So, I popped over to Blogger's so-called Help page and found this little ditty:
Here are some things that worked for a couple of people.

1) Before attempting to Login in Make sure the "Remember Me" Checkbox is UNTICKED.
2) Make sure you are running the latest version of your browser, if not, upgraded it.
3) Make sure you REALLY have cleared both your COOKIES and CACHE
4) Once Cleared shut down the browser
5) Then Open it again and CHeck that the Cookies and Cache are indeed Empty. This is very important. The problem seems to be with corrupt cookies and cache files
6) If that is OK try going to www.blogger.com . Don't login yet, press CTRL-F5 and then try logging in again
7) If that still does not work try logging into Gmail first and then go to www.blogger.com and try again
8) If that does not work try going to this address http://www2.blogger.com/home
9) If that does not work try going to draft.blogger.com
10) If you use IE8 or IE9 try pressing the compatibility button (at the end of the address bar) when you're on your blog page.
11) If all those fail, try installing another browser to see if that works eg Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc
12) If you comments box on your blog is not appearing, change from Embed Comments to Popup or Full-Screen until the issue is fixed. Also try. Or you can try , but backup your blog template first, is to try resetting all your defaults. see screenshot. You do this from the Design, Edit HTML screen. (http://i54.tinypic.com/vfv883.png) This fixes about 99% of issues with the missing comments box.

Got that?

Good, because I think there's going to be a test. And I'll never remember all that.

So, if you get a personal e-mail from me rather than a blog comment, you'll know why. :)

3 comments:

  1. It is just Blogger pitching a fit. Honest. It does that to me every once in awhile. OH YEAH-FYI- Just because it might say CREATE BLOG or SIGN IN --doesn't mean your not signed in, honest. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just blogger/google having hissy fits ... STILL! Been going on for months now.

    Would you be so kind to leave a comment on my BLOG ONLY, for the Miracle Makeover fund drive. Charlie, 8 yr. old, & his story are fabulous. Every comment brings us a $1 for the next person that will be sponsored.

    Have a beautiful weekend.
    Hugs,
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I got my new computer this summer I had this same problem and after some surfing, found that others also had the same problem. I think it was because I'm using Windows 7 now. But anyway, but signing into blogger with my usual info and NOT checking the 'remember me' box, that did the trick and I can now leave comments on other blogs etc as long as I leave my blogger dashboard up while I'm visiting and commenting, etc.

    Thanks for sharing! Hopefully the info will help others like it did me when I went searching.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell