Friday, October 9, 2009

Southeast Georgia Fall Flowers

Fall. Autumn. Harvest time.

I think it's time for a walk in the country.

We both love this time of year: the cool crisp mornings, the azure blue skies. Southeast Georgia' Fall flowers are waking up from their long summer nap. Their little faces are smiling at the sun and waving in the wind to passersby.

When the wind slowed down, I got a few of them to pose for my friends.

Enjoy!

(click photos to enlarge in new window)

Beauty Berry


Blazing Star


Cotton Flower


Cotton Field


Cypress Vine Morning Glory


Meadow Beauty


Wild Mint


Pitcher Plant


Unknown


Red Morning Glory Vine


Sulphur Butterfly
amoungst the morning glory


Unknown


Unknown


Wild Poinsettia
Not as pretty as the domestic,
but not without it's own charm.


7 comments:

  1. Love the flowers! We're under dark skies and more rain. At least the mums bloomed! Feeling very jealous this morning of your gardening zone! Happy Friday, JBA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer!! Hey, you're back?! Yay! This makes me very happy. :)) I guess the rumors of your death are greatly exaggerated. [LOL!!] So glad to hear from you again. Stop by any time. Missed ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sparky, I love your background and oh, what pretty flowers. We just love these cool mornings and evenings too. Some of the flowers you pictured I have not seen before. Thanks so much for sharing them with us. You two have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new background!! You have some good pictures of our native flowers. I've got to send my Mama to your site...she was asking me the other day about some plants you have ID'd....I didnt have a clue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mildred ~ I don't think these wildflowers will grow in northern Georgia. I could be wrong. :)

    Tina ~ Thanks for sending your Mom here. If she can ID my "unknown's" I'd be forevermore grateful. One I thing I really enjoy, is nature.

    Thanks y'all for the kind words and for stopping by! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your flowers shots! I got a few pictures of the Cypress Vine when I was down that way. There seemed to be a lot of it on fences.
    I love that pitcher plant and the wild Poinsettia. Sorry I couldn't identify your unknowns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You Both guys are love this time of year: the cool crisp mornings, the azure blue skies. Southeast Georgia' Fall flowers are waking up from their long summer nap. Love all the pics iN your Blog.

    Term papers

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell