Friday, September 25, 2009

Texas Thunderboxes

I've been a little under the weather this week. Feeling glum because of some severe hip pain brought on by bursitis. I had a cordizone shot in the hip today. [ouch!] Now all I can do is sit on the couch and feel my behind grow. I'll be back and tweeting from my bloggy nest in a day or two.

So, here's something to tickle your funny bones for awhile. I thought it fitting as to the current political climate.

Enjoy!

---+---

Gosh, I love Texas.

Chances are you've never used one, and all this month, some of the prettiest outhouses in Texas are on display in downtown San Antonio at the Menger Hotel.

There are 12 full-sized "Thunderboxes" or outhouses painted and decorated in true Texas style.

Sonja Howle with the Thunderbox Road exhibit says "It was created to pay tribute and showcase the talent we have in the Hill Country artists."

In February, the exhibit will be at the San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo. After their tour, the outhouses will be auctioned off to benefit medical research and The Western Art Museum in Kerrville.

"Hey, honey, get the checkbook! I want the one with the flames shooting out the side please!!" :))

Hey, Nanny Goats In Panties this one's for you! [giggle]


This would look great at any castle.


"Remember The Alamo!" [boom]


Ok, I gotta have this one ...
the neighbors are already convinced I'm weird,
might as well confirm it. [tee hee]


I wonder if the painter felt a little hen pecked?


Bean, beans the magical fruit,
the more you eat the more you toot,
the more you toot, the better you feel,
so let's have beans for every meal!


Now this just bites. [giggle]


See, it wasn't ME thundering!
It was the horses.


I guess afterwards,
one does feel like howling at the moon?


Heavenly relief lies within.


Now, that's just plain weird ...
maybe I need the right medication to 'understand' it?


"I'd like to be
under the sea
in an octopus' garden, with you ..."


Wasn't that fun?!:P

11 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling refreshed and comforted when you wake up tomorrow.

    I lurve the castle outhouse because I am the queen of my castle although my reign only extends to the end of my driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost makes me want an outhouse. Very cleverly painted.

    Hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you are still suffering with your hip. This gloomy weather does not help I am sure! Very imaginative outhouses. Nalley taught Mother the words to Beans, Beans and she got the biggest laugh out of that! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only in Texas, raising art form to a new sophisticated level. BTW no adopted sister of mine is weird, we just think your unique. Hope your hip feels better and changes the outlook for your week. See hope and change can be used for good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those out-houses are pretty cute. But I'm sorry you've been in pain. :-(

    Hope you'll be feeling much better, sooooooooooooooooon!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your shot in the arse. :( Feel better soon, sweeite!

    And as for the Goat Thunderboxes?... I LOVE IT!!! Did you get the info and pictures from another source? If so, I should credit them in addition to you when I put this on my Goat Thing of the Day.

    Hope you're having a good weekend!@

    XOXO
    -Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have an old outhouse here on the property and I though the tax man was gonna put a value on it! Stupid! Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hubby is going to build me an "outhouse" out back someday but it will be the flushing kind with a washin' up sink. The tax man will probably want to add that one on our bill too. Oh well.

    Y'all have a great weekend too! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was hoping you had forgotten that project........Where's my tools.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Most of the old timers were hidden by huge hedge plants of some variety. They were spooky even during the daytime when I was a kid. They were more pleasant than the new plastic variety. I'm glad we have moved on from that era. Pappy

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh I used an outhouse plenty in my life but it wasn't painted all pretty. It was painted to blend in. Can't really tell which is my favorite.

    Sorry about your hip bursitis. Just for some more comic relief... I managed to finagle me some bursitis issues where the glutes hook into the hinny bones, so I have occasional buttsitis.

    ReplyDelete

⭐ A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out. ~ Walter Winchell